Chapter 14: Kunoichis Of The Leaf

✩Little Brothers Are Sacred✩

Hikari undid her jutsu and told Satori to return back to the room. She was done spying on Kakashi and Sasuke. Satori trudged back to the room as she un-summoned him.

"Thank you for all your help." She stated.

Satori nodded back, releasing a low whine type noise before disappearing into smoke. Hikari stood up and walked back into the arena. She looked around and found that she probably only missed one or two matches, nothing to worry about.

She went to stand by Kakashi's team and Kakashi joined the team a few minutes later. 

"Hey Naruto, did you go yet?" She asked once she was arms length away from him.

He turned to look at her and as soon as he did a wide grin made its way onto his face, "Hikari-chan!" He yelled happily.

"Hey Naruto, did you go yet?" She asked.

"Nope! You can see me fight!" He shouted happily, as he jumped into the air and pumped his fists.

Hikari laughed at his motions, his happy mood reminds her of how Minato was around her and her mother when he was still alive. Having Naruto around was like having a mini Minato.

Hikari stopped laughing and listened as Hayate began speaking after a coughing fit, "We will now begin the fourth match."

"Geez, everyone is such a weirdo." Naruto complained. 

"And you're not?" Kakashi questioned.

Hikari bit back a laugh at Naruto's irritated face. 

"That's right." Sakura agreed.

"Not you too, Sakura-chan… Eh Hikari-chan! Hikari-chan! Do you think I'm weird?" Naruto cried as he stared up at her with big puppy dog eyes.

Hikari felt herself melting in his eyes that were identical to her own, but she answered anyways in an indifferent tone, "Yes."

"Not you too, Hikari-chan.." He pouted.

Sakura began laughing, but her laughter ceased as Kakashi placed a hand on her shoulders. She turned to look at him from the corner of her eyes with confusion.

"This isn't the time to be laughing." Kakashi stated, pointing a finger at the board.

The team and Hikari turned to look at the board which read: Haruno Sakura vs Yamanaka Ino. Sakura let out a small gasp as she turned around to see Ino heading in their direction, she also seemed shocked at the placement.

She turned to Sakura and narrowed her eyes at her, which made Sakura look down at the ground.

"She's just trying to psych you out before your battle. Don't let her actions get to you." Hikari whispered into her ear.

Sakura looked at her in slight confusion as to why Hikari was helping her, but nodded anyways with a determined look on her face. 

The two descended down the stairs and stood a couple of feet away from each other, staring each other down, until Ino began speaking. 

"I didn't think that I would be fighting you, Sakura. And so early on."

Sakura didn't respond, only continued staring at her. 

"Sakura-chan! Do your best! Don't lose!" Naruto yelled loudly.

Hikari almost jumped when his voice began ringing through the entire arena. She sweatdropped as she elbowed him in the ribs lightly.

"Ouch!" He muttered, rubbing the spot where she hit him.

Well, it was not that lightly, but it wasn't one of her power hits.