Chapter 6: New Leader, New Problems

New Leader, New Problems

It has been days since Kenta had found out about Kukai, days since their celebration and days since peace. A bit of havoc has been ensuing because the royals have been having problems in defending their stand to some of the kingdom leaders. They were having an argument on why Utau was engaged to Kukai, and as long as this issue has been going on, Utau had always, and stated that will continue to, refuse attending the useless banter of her life.

"I said no, and I mean no." Utau said without looking her brother in the eye.

"You could at least defend yourself from them." Stated Ikuto with a sigh.

"I did. But it's not like they ever listened to me to begin with, so why start now?" asked Utau knowingly "And do you honestly think they'd see it my way?"

"I never said that they would just see it your way, but you have to fight for it." Said Ikuto.

Utau looked at him now and gave a huff. "What do you think I've been doing these past few months? Nothing?"

Ikuto sighed "Utau…have you even told Kukai about this yet?" he asked.

"Do you think I need to?" asked Utau.

"Of course. Come on, he has the right to know." Said Ikuto seriously.

"I know that." She answered.

"Then why are you keeping this from him?" asked Ikuto questioningly.

"Who in the world said I was keeping it from him?" Utau asked incredulously.

"Didn't you just say you haven't told him yet?" asked Ikuto.

"Sure, but that doesn't mean I don't intend to, or the fact that I really don't need to. He isn't blind. We've talked about it before already because he's already noticed it. I didn't even have to say anything." Said Utau knowingly.

"Looks like Souma's still sharp as always." Ikuto said, finally grinning.

"Yeah. But still, it pisses me off how they won't just go crawl into a hole and disappear." Saud Utau in disgust.

"Make them leave then." Suggested Ikuto "How do you think I got away with everything I ever did before Amu came along?"

"Please, you're rebellious remember?" said Utau.

"Oh, and you aren't?" asked Ikuto.

"Never said that. I just stated that you're rebellious. More so than I am." Said Utau.

"So, what is it that you plan to do now?" asked Ikuto.

"Honestly, I don't know. I'm so tired of all this that I guess I stopped trying to stop them." Said Utau with a sigh. She did want to do something. Thing is, what else was there to do that she hasn't tried yet?

"If you leave it alone, it's just going to get worse." Said Ikuto seriously. "You do not want it to come to that, trust me."

"I know, but do you think I'm not trying here? My goodness Ikuto, I'm simply wasting my breath on them if they won't even give me a time of day." Said Utau.

Ikuto sighed. He knew that she had a good point, but even he was getting tired of all this havoc, and he wasn't even the one involved! "Listen, just…" before he could finish, a knock had suddenly interrupted.

"Come in." stated Utau.

The door opened to reveal Kairi with Tadase and Lulu. The three of them came in and then Tadase asked "Are we here on a bad time?"