Chapter 7: No Turning Back

Sorry for the late update, but here ya go! XD Enjoy!X3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Turning Back

The room was silent, and no one dared to say a word. Saying that everyone who seemed to have recently heard the news was shocked was clearly the biggest understatement of the year. Even the king and queen, who seemed calm when they all entered, were now staring wide-eyed at their current company. But, among all of these people, Kukai and Utau were baffled by the news the most.

"W-what did you say?" Utau asked again, her voice slowly rising from her normal tone.

"As I mentioned, you're engagement to Kenta Tera-…" As Kazumi was repeating himself, Utau had just about enough.

"I know that! What I want you to tell me is why, and how you managed to pull some kind of stunt like that!" Utau retorted, she was clearly not in the mood for people beating around the bush. She glared at Kazumi and then at Kenta. "How could you possibly have said yes to this? My goodness! You knew! You knew I was engaged!"

"I…" Kenta wanted to say something after seeing the look of hurt, betrayal, and anger in her eyes, but nothing came out.

Kukai looked at her for a while and let her have her moment of outburst, and then when she had stopped, he paved both hands on her shoulders and spoke softly "Utau, stop, nothings going to happen if you yell…"

She turned to him and asked, her tone still showing she was angry "You're okay with this? How could you be so calm about the situation?"

Kukai shook his head and replied "Trust me, I'm not. It's just…let's have a little bit more composure okay?" he told her softly.

Utau took a breath and nodded, and then faced the others again. "Explain. Now."

Two words were all it took and the conversation began again. Kazumi smiled and said "It's good to have you with us again, Hime-sama."

"Stop. I asked for an explanation, and if you don't have one, then I'll just leave. You're simply wasting our time here." Utau replied coldly.

"Of course. An explanation it is then." Said Kazumi "Where do you want me to start?"

"I don't think we care." Kukai shot him a glare and continued "Start wherever you want, it doesn't matter, but you better have a good reason for this."

"Oh, a commoner is threatening me, how…frightening." Mocked Kazumi with a light chuckle.

"Would you just give her your explanation already?" Rima burst out, not able to control her anger any longer.

"Rima-chan, please stay clam." Nagihiko stated as he held her back. Now he had a pretty clear idea of why Amu wanted them to come along.

"Well, to begin with, this…commoner…" he started, gesturing to Kukai "was never fit to wed the princes…."

"As much as I remember, our family had approved of that situation already." Countered Ikuto "What right do you have to deny it?"

"Ah yes, see, we do want what is best for our future kings and queens, so we tend to…help, with their decisions." Said Kazumi.

"Help? All you've ever done was cause trouble. How's that helping anyone?" asked Rima angrily.

"Well, maybe the wedding wouldn't have been a problem, but…surprises do occur." Said Kazumi as he looked at Hiro and Kenta.

"What? They have something to do with this?" asked Kukai and he looked at Kenta and shook his head "I thought better of him…" he muttered to himself.