Chapter 3: Avoiding, Hiding, Thinking & Meeting

I would also like to thank CJRose for commenting on the first chapter of the story:3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avoiding, Hiding, Thinking & Meeting

Amu woke up bright and early in the morning the following day. The events of last night still fresh inside her head. "Hiro…who is he really?" she asked herself as she got up from bed and looked out the window. "The sun sure is shining brighter than usual this morning." Amu thought to herself with a smile.

She quickly got out of bed get changed for the day. As soon as she was done preparing herself, she got out of her room and started to make rounds around the palace. Amu enjoyed the fresh air outside so she didn't mind taking long walks. Soon, as she continued to walk, she noticed that the halls of the palace were awfully quiet.

"I wonder where everyone else is?" she asked herself silently.

A few more walks and she sighed, she must have woken up earlier than usual today too. As she was walking though, somewhat still enjoying the peace, she heard a familiar voice…correction, there were two familiar voices making their way toward her direction.

"You do seem happier today Hiro." It was Kenta and Amu only wished they wouldn't see her.

"Well, something happened last night, and it made me…well as you said, happier." Stated Hiro.

Amu could imagine Hiro's face now, and she didn't even need to take a peak and look at him. Something about the way he said those words sent chills down her spine. "I was wrong about him being so sweet…he sounds so different now…and so mysterious, as if he was hiding something…" She sure as heck didn't want him to see her. "I have to get out of here…now!" she muttered. As she slowly tried to walk toward the other direction…

"Hm? Why'd you stop?" she heard Kenta ask.

"I thought I heard some footsteps." Said Hiro "I someone there?" he called.

"Are you sure? It's still kind of early you know. You could just be imagining things." Said Kenta.

"No, I'm quite sure that I heard right Kenta. There's definitely someone here." Said Hiro confidently. He began to walk a little faster, hoping to catch a glimpse of who was there.

Amu's eyes widened as she heard the footsteps get faster and louder. "Forget about walking slowly…!" she thought before immediately running towards the other direction.

Hoping that soon enough, Hiro and Kenta would stop following her, she continued to run without any other cares in the world, but to not make contact with Hiro. After the events of last night, which left her both confused and curious about his attitude, she didn't want to have another encounter like that any time soon.

"By the sound of his voice…it's like his personality changed again! There's too many sides of him that's making him too difficult to read. Who is he…really?"Amu wondered.

She continued to run, and she wasn't even looking at where she was going anymore. "Please, do not let him follow me right now…OW!" she suddenly bumped into someone while she was running. "I am so sorry." She apologized.

She felt someone hold her by the shoulders and heard someone spoke "What's this? Up so early in the morning?" Her eyes widened and she turned to face the person she bumped into.

"Ikuto!" exclaimed Amu shocked.

"Hey there. Morning to you too." Said Ikuto with a light chuckle escaping from his lips as he watched Amu stare at him in shock and placed a light kiss on her cheek.