Ten | 💋

"Great things never came from comfort zones."

- Unknown

It was a cold, sunny January day in downtown Cincinnati

It was a cold, sunny January day in downtown Cincinnati. My teeth chattered as I sat on a scarlet metal chair. Luckily the sunshine warmed my thick clothes.

Why would Min-ho and Sugar want to meet here of all places?

A man-made ice skating rink took half of Fountain Square. Restaurants and banks circled around the open area. An old Roman guy, Cincinnatus, inspired the 1871 "To the People of Cincinnati" fountain and the city's name; all the bronze figures held or did something different. Four individuals circled the middle section, which included a child, woman, solider, and farmer. The green granite base held all the figures except the four men holding an assortment of animals, ranging from turtle, dolphin, duck, and snake. A woman, Genius of Water, stood on top with outstretched arms; usually, water flowed down from her hands, but since winter had begun the city didn't have any water in the fountain. The citizens didn't want to damage the historical monument for fear ice would destroy the interior plumbing.

I knew this information because a tour guide listed off all the historical facts to visitors as they passed my chair. I rarely came down to Fountain Square, especially after the Holidays. Public workers swept and picked up the tiny confetti that survived two days off the streets and sidewalks. With it being the second day of the new year, there were a handful of people here and there.

However, jobs started up and children headed back to school.

Today was the last day of holiday celebrations. There was ice skating. I saw a couple of adults paying fifteen dollars and trading in their sneakers for skates.

I would have to be paid to go ice skating. I would never do it out of fun. Why would someone want to pay and fall on their butts the entire time? That meant dealing with physical pain. Nope. Not worth it. I let out a sigh. A mist cloud escaped my lips.

I didn't often experience regret. Regrets held a person back and delayed opportunities. I thrived off of mistakes. How did someone like me reach over 100K hearts on TrueMatch? Was it by my charm?

Yes.

My perfectly angled and professional photographs?

Yes!

Timing my compliments?

Why, of course!

The first month, I had a trial and error run. I observed other users on their main page. I  studied their words and dialogue then I applied the method towards my "love" interests. I participated in this similar to my commercial scripts. I couldn't memorize the insignificant lines that "tried" to convince listeners to purchase the items. It was a waste of time if I committed to remember the script.