6: Déjà Vu

On the other side of the street I knew, stood a girl that looked like you.
I guessed that’s déjà vu, but I thought that it can't be true, cos
you moved to west LA or, New York or Santa Fe or wherever to get away from me…

Oh, but that one night, was more than just right
I didn’t leave you, cos I was all through
Yeah, I was overwhelmed, and frankly scared as hell;

Because I really fell for you…

Dark Mates

6: Déjà Vu

Rosea

“Look at those houses down there in the valley! Ooh and that one with the swimming pool and decks. I see a cruise in the sea. Oh, look at those Beverly Hills based mansions; they’re so adorable! They remind me of my house by the beach in Cali. And that Hollywood sign. Wait a second… Oh my God! Is that a freaking shopping mall? We so need to go there, like, I heard Macy’s have a sale. I got a text that day. Are there even Macy’s here, though? Oh, and I just remembered, I finished my BB cream. And I need to get some L’Oreal shampoo, ‘cos everyone knows that dyed hair will eventually fall off…”

I groaned and slammed the complementary pillow against my ear, trying to block out the annoying chattering of Dahlia as I shifted in my chair to get into a comfortable position. I pushed the earplugs deep into my eardrums so that I didn’t have to hear the annoying voice of Dahlia.

I mean, how can someone even talk for 10 hours straight, having no break longer than 2 minutes in between? Like, seriously, she’s been blabbering non-stop since we took off somewhere near Queen’s Maud Land at Antarctica, and then we were just 10 minutes away from descending at the Bermuda Island, where the most efficient entrance to Alfea was situated at.

“Hey, you alright there?” Scott asked beside me. I looked up at his cute face and smiled faintly. “You seem bothered. I could make Dahlia shut up about her hair if you want.” He offered.

“Yes please, but no thanks,” I yawned, “I’m just very sleepy.” Scott patted on his shoulder and sat towards me. I leaned down and rested my head on it.

“I’ll wake you up before we land. Or just carry you down or something,” Scott muttered as I closed my eyes.

To be honest, I don’t really know what’s going on between us. Scott and I, I mean. After that kiss we shared, he’s been sending me frisk little winks all day long, even during training, in the public, but that didn’t mean that he stopped flirting with other girls at training. Yes, sure, he’s been showing some PDA with me, but, then again, he’s Scott.

He’s just another Demetri—you can never see his true intentions.

But, on the other hand, I’m kind of grateful that we’re not together. I don’t want to fall in love again. I don’t want all that commitment wearing me down. What if he dies at the end of this mission? Will I have to go through months of mourning and depression?

Hadn’t I learnt enough when Demetri repeatedly broke my heart, but I was too stupid and naïve to see his true self, so I let myself fall all over again only to get, yet again, broken?

But, somehow, I knew that I hadn’t learnt enough.

Because, deep down I know that if I saw him again, I’d probably fall head over heels for him, and once more get myself all broken, and unable to love anymore.

And, I know that deep, deep, down inside…

I still love him. No matter what.

=====