11: Monster

Dark Mates

11: Savior

Rosea

I hands shakily reached out to touch Dahlia’s bloody one. I brushed her dyed red hair away from her ivory pale face and touched her deathly pallid lips. They weren’t cold, meaning that it probably hasn’t been long from when she was killed.

That meant that she still had a chance.

I hesitantly reached out to the wounded area. It seemed as if someone had driven a dagger through her stomach, one sharp enough and stabbed hard enough to kill.

Did I want to do this? I mean, I definitely do not like her and cannot stand her annoying, whiny voice that could drone on and on forever (I learnt that the hard way, trust me), and how all the guys are stupidly attracted to her. If she were to come back… they would still class me as the girl who’s not as good, not as pretty, not as smart, not as cunning as the one and only Dahlia.

But, then, if she were to be gone, forever…

Well, I still, even though I definitely don’t want to admit it, had some ‘good’ in me. Well, as much as a bad Xlinx can have.

I placed my hand on her wound and my other on her heart. I sucked in a deep breath and then summoned all my energy and imagined it transferring from my body to hers.

Heal, I thought. When nothing happened, I furrowed my eyebrows and tried harder. Come back alive.

Come alive, I thought with all my willpower. Come back to life! Resurrect!

Nothing happened.

I opened my eyes silently and removed my hands from her body and stood up, before bowing my head.

“I’m sorry.”

I was too late. She’s gone.

========

“What do you mean, gone?” shrieked Nikki. Scott was standing beside Nikki, equally shocked.

“I mean gone.” I said solemnly, my voice small, which was odd, because I never talked so humbly before Nikki, “Gone being dead. Dahlia is dead, Nikki.”

“She’s… she’s dead…b-but how?” ikki asked faintly as she collapsed on the sofa. “How?”

Scott came up to me and held me by my shoulders aggressively as those blue contacts of his stared into mine. “How did she die?” He asked me, his voice soft. His blue orbs—brown, if you looked close enough—looked at me almost as if gently.

“I don’t know.” I whispered back as I shut my eyes. “I don’t know. I-I just walked in her room, and then there she lied, lifeless and cold and bloody on the ground. I tried everything I could to get her back, but—”

A stinging sensation had already formed on my cheeks before I could finish my sentence. My head flung to the side from the harsh impact. My lips went ‘O’ and my hands immediately reached up to touch my cheeks as a reflex.

“You dare lie,” Scott said shakily, but his tone was definitely angry. “Hell, you’re probably the one who freaking killed her!” He screamed before his tone died down to a calm but stern pitch. “Get the f*ck out of my sight before I kill you.” He pointed to the door, not looking me in the eye.

Still holding my cheeks, I slowly walked out of the room, not believing what was happening. Before I left, I turned to look at the fuming Scott and the motionless Nikki.