Chapter 1

Few years later.

Ever since that day I meant Zayn, we were the closest friends we could be. My mom didn't support us for whatever reason she had, but I didn't care. I would always sneak out my home to see Zayn across the street or stay over. Zayn is human like everyone else, just because his skin or style is different doesn't mean people should treat him differently.

"Niall you're going to be late school!" My mother shouts.

"I'm coming" I shout back, running down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Here's your lunch sweetie and some friends ok."

"I already have a friend mom."

"Other than Zayn." My mom scowls.

I take the bag of lunch and walk out the door. I didn't want to tell her that I can't make anymore friends. People just stare at me oddly and leave me to myself. I never hurt or been a negative person. I shake my thoughts away and wait for Zayn outside his house.

About five minutes later, Zayn comes out his house. I smile at him when he walks over to me.

"Hey Niall."

"Hey Zaynie."

"It's been a while since you called me that." Zayn chuckles.

"Yeah I've missed calling you that, I couldn't see you last weekend cuz you know how my mom is."

"I understand, when we were kids she made it pretty clear that she didn't like me." Zayn says with sadness.

"Hey, no feeling sad ok, They can't take what's ours. Always remember that."

"Of course, I was the one that came up with the phase."

"Yeah, let's walk to school."

"Ok."

Zayn and I together to school, I snuck a glance at Zayn, he seems to be thinking pretty hard.

"Zaynie is something wrong?"

"I was wondering, would you like to hold hands with me while we walk to school, I know that sounds werid, only if you want too." Zayn rambles.

I took his hand and intertwine it with mines. We walked, while the wind blows with the yellow leafs falling everywhere. Once we reached the school, Zayn let go of my hand and we walk into school. I quite enjoy my second week of middle school, but it sucks when people make fun of me and Zayn for no reason. We go into our first period class together. Art is Zayn favorite subject. I can watch Zayn draw for hours, he gets real focus when drawing when he's concentrates his tongue tends to poke out.

Zayn and I take a seat in the front row, while the other students come in, then the teacher.

"Ok class, I want you to draw the person you're sitting next too, try to get as much detail into you're drawing as possible. I will walking around examining each of you're work." Mr. Ben says, setting the timer for twenty minutes.

I notice Zayn was always drawing me, he started drawing the size of my head, then added my eyes and hair. Zayn is completely zone into his drawing, while I try to draw him. I'm not the best drawer, the best I can make are stick people, if that counts.

"How come your not drawing Niall?"

"You know I can't draw like you Zayn, I'm trying to figure out how to draw you, but I'm coming up empty." I frown at the blank piece of paper in front of me.

"Try you're best Niall, before the timer runs out."

I look atZayn's drawing and I gasp. The picture looks exactly like me. The eyes are piercing blue eyes that Zayn colored with a crayon. He color my hair golden blonde.

"Do you like it?"

"I don't like it."

"Oh." Zayn frowns.

"I love it Zayn, you always do great drawings." I smile at him.

"Thanks."

"It  looks nothing like Niall, his head looks like a potato." A boy sneers, peeking over from behind.

"It does not." I pout.

"Shut up Kyle, no one asked you." Zayn sneered back.

The timer rings and I quickly try to draw Zayn in the best way I know how. I drew a big round head and try to draw Zayn's hair with wiggly lines. I know that Zayn likes to poke out his tongue out, so I try to draw a tongue.

"Ah yes, excellent drawing of Niall. You are a great drawer Zayn, I can see the effort you put into it." Mr. Ben smiles.

"Thank you."

"Niall is that a cigarette in Zayn mouth." Mr. Ben gasp, pointing to my drawing of Zayn.

"No it's a tongue, sometimes Zayn zone out when he's totally focus on drawing."

"It's a very strange looking tongue, but at least you attempt  you're drawing."

"Ok." I don't feel totally happy with Mr. Ben commenting.

"I like you're drawing Niall."

"Really!?" I arch my eyebrows in surprise.

"Yeah, mind if I keep it and put it in my room?"

"Yeah here." I handed him my drawing, while he put in his book bag.

School went by very quickly, I couldn't believe it was lunch time already. I zoned out in a couple classes before lunch, because I was bored. I take a seat and take out my lunch my mom made me, while I sat at one of the tables, while I wait for Zayn.

"How was math?" Zayn questioned, sitting across from me.

"Boring, I didn't really pay attention, I was looking out the window most of the time.

How was science?"

"It was pretty good, I know I pass my science test, did you study for it?" Zayn question, taking a bite out his sandwich.

"Oh no. I totally forgot to study for the science test last night. I'm so going to fail."

"When do you have science?"

"After lunch." I groan.

"Yo Zayn." Someone yelled. I followed Zayn eyes to the popular table.

"I will be back, I'm just going to see what they want."

"Ok." I smile. Zayn smiles back fixing his glasses.

I waited for Zayn to comeback to my table, but he never did. I hear him laughing and shouting at the popular table, while I sat alone. The bell rang, so I got up and thru my half eaten lunch out and went to my next class. Class flew by because of the science test, which I think I passed. I waited for Zayn outside the school, but never showed up.

I walk alone home, as I take my time walking to look up and the sky and leafs as it dance in the wind. I felt someone whip me around and put me into a bone crushing hug.

"I'm so sorry Niall. I lost track of time while I was sitting at the popular table. The reason I took so long to get out the school was because they wouldn't stop taking about some party tomorrow, they wanted me to go too." Zayn murmured in my ear. I rested my chin on Zayn shoulder.

"It's ok Zaynie. I'm glad you came back to me. I thought you were going to leave me for being popular."

"I wouldn't never do that to you.

"Ok."

We walked together holding hands to our own homes. After we arrived. Zayn turn towards me and whispers in my ear.

"They can't take what's ours."

"They can't take what's ours." I whisper back and hugged him, then we went our seperate ways to our homes.

I honestly love writing a softer ziall book. The adorable feelings between Zayn and Niall are too cute.

Hope guys enjoyed this chapter.