Chapter 21: Twinkle Twinkle

Officially a high school graduate!!

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Please vote & leave feedback! Thank you!

[P.S- song attached to this chapter is associated with the lyrics in the chapter.]

* * *

            A heaviness spread like a coverlet over my eyelids as I tried to surface  from my oblivion, an external force preventing me from opening my eyes.

            "Sleep."  

            That was the last thing I remembered. One command, no gender behind it. A single word, fluttering through my brain like a disoriented butterfly over and over again. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Where had the word even come from?

            With a whimper, my head thrashed sharply to the side in my slumber. Wake up!

            I couldn't.

            I let my other senses take control, soaking up the cold  tiled floor beneath my back, the fresh air-conditioning, and the slightly overwhelming scent of bleach and other cleaning products lingering in the air as a inhaled. My head felt bulky and swollen, like I had slammed it against concrete, and my ears began to  ring so unbearably loud, that I clutched them with two hands and let out a raspy cry with dehydrated, worn out vocal cords.

            The ringing stopped after awhile, and when it did, I finally found the energy to pry my eyes open. I was confused, groggily staring up at a ceiling that  was so white, it hurt to look at.

            I sat up slowly, gradually adjusting to the bright lights, taking in a foreign room with wide eyes.

            I was in the center of a seemingly endless white space, with no furniture and florescent lights on the ceiling that flickered once in a while. I was wearing an all white jumpsuit that covered my body completely, leaving only my feet, hands and head bare. I cautiously touched the fabric with my finger tips. It was a scratchy material that seemed to tighten whenever I breathed.

            "The patient is conscious, doctor," an overhead voice said.  

            I jumped effortlessly to my feet in an instant, fully-alert, heart pounding passionately in my chest. My long ponytail swung around and whipped me in the face as I turned  a quick 360 degrees around. Now there were walls around me that I knew I hadn't seen before. A mirror. A canvas turned against the wall. A bed with white covers and a single pillow.

            Where was I?

            "Hello?" I started to move around the room until I reached a wall, sliding my hands around it. "Hello? Someone help me!" There was no visible door. No way out. Just me, alone, in an endless white room with no escape. "Who are you? Where am I? What is this place?!" I was breathing hard, sweat bubbling on my forehead and descending down my back. "I saw this in a movie once, and I swear to god, if you aliens think I won't kick your ass when you try to probe me--!"

            "Patient seems to be exceptionally disoriented, doctor."

            "I'm perfectly fine! And I can hear you!" I replied bitterly to the voice, bolting across the room to climb up onto the bed. I pounded my fists against the low ceiling like a crazy person. "Let me out! Help! Let me out! I didn't do anything wrong! Let me OUT--!"