Chapter 10

* 1 year later *

My memory never did return. But with the help of different people, I learned everything and so now, it is a lot easier.

But I still can't remember what people are talking about when they discuss things that happened before the accident.

I finally figured out what happened. The said that Caiden, my boyfriend, was coming over and I was excited. I was in a hurry trying to get ready, and tripped going down the stairs.

I rolled all the way to the bottom, hitting my head multiple times. They said I was out for two days before I woke up. But everything is pretty much back to normal, though.

Me and Caiden actually have a date tonight.

I put on my dress. It is a knee-length strapless dress. The chest is light blue with sequins, and the bottom is a dark blue, silky material.

Then I put on my shoes. They are silver highheels. I fishtail braid my hair and put on my silver flower headband.

I apply my makeup, and I am finished. I look at the clock. He should be here in a few minutes.

I walk down to my sister's room. She is curled up on her bed with a book, totally unaware that I am in her doorway.

I laugh and her head snaps up. She smiles, and sits up. She puts her book on her nightstand and looks at me.

"Sorry about that," she says.

"It's okay," I laugh. "So whatcha been up to, Gigiana?

"I wish you would remember to call me Gigi. You used to call me that all the time."

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

I hear a knock, and the door opens. Mom is standing there.

"Caiden is here," she says smiling.

I get off the bed, and my mom wraps her arms around me.

"Be good," she whispers in my ear, before she lets go.

I smile at her before leaving the room and going down the stairs. Caiden is standing in the doorway.

He is wearing khaki pants with a dark blue polo shirt, and his black hair looks kind of messy, but purposely done. He looks cute. He sees me and grins, his hazel eyes twinkling up at me. I smile and take his hand, interwining our fingers.

He pulls me toward the door, and to the carriage that is waiting.