Chapter 3

I woke up to the sound of metal against metal. Somebody was opening the door. I turned over and saw a guard walking in. He placed a tray of breakfast on the small table in the cell.

"Get up!" he yelled

I hurried and got out of the bed.

"Eat quickly. You have a meeting with the nobles as soon as you get done. You are lucky. The queen herself will be there. I will be back in 15 minutes. You had better be ready," he sneered down at me and left.

I hurried and ate the sausage, eggs, and lumpy gravy. It wasn't very good but I was starved. I grabbed the clothes that he had left, and slipped on the black jeans, and neon orange shirt. I sighed when I saw the shoes. They were flats that were clearly old and worn out. When I put them on, they were tight on my feet. I sat on the bed and waited for the guard to come back.

Pain suddenly erupted deep in my stomach and I had to fight back a scream. The pain receded some just as the guard walked in.

"Whats wrong with you?" he asked.

"N-Nothing Sir," I answered, barely able to talk.

He stared at me a little bit before shrugging. I also wanted to know what it was.

"Well the nobles are here. Follow me."

I slowly stood up. I almost fell because my head started to spin. I followed him out of the cell and into a large room. I looked around at all the nobles. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the queen. She sat in the middle of the nobles. She had her dark brown hair curled and her bright green eyes shone as she smiled at me. I didn't know what to do so I bowed. Her smile brightened.

"Please, take a seat Albina," she said.

"Yes, Queen Jaemuleia." I bowed again.

As I sat down, a painful headache erupted in my skull. The room spun. My vision cleared and the queen was staring at me with worry.

"Are you well?" she asked me.

I nodded and instantly regretted it. Pain made my head throb and I felt like I might pass out. She glanced at me one last time before turning to the man beside her. I hadn't realized who he was. It was King Tobias. He was an angry looking man with long, oily black hair and dark eyes. I held onto my chair and bit my lip as the pain became worse. I jerked back when a large boom echoed through the room. The king had started the meeting.

"Meeting now in session. Beginning at 15 before noon, the case of Albina Loshai Gajale. Caught stealing meat from a vendor." The king said in a booming voice.

"Albina, will you tell us why you tried to steal the meat. If you tell us and be honest, the punishment will not be as bad." Queen Jaemuleia said smiling at me

"N-no I c-can't." I said shaking. It was getting harder to breathe and the room had started to spin violently. Suddenly I knew what was happening. I stood up very quickly and almost fell.

"Please, I n-need to get o-out of here!" I yelled.

The queen had moved toward me and was trying to calm me down. But I never heard a thing she said. I screamed when I heard my bones start popping and rearranging. I collapsed hard to the ground and I felt skin ripping as my tail grew. The queen had long abandoned me. The guards now circled me as I started to violently shake and moan. Then I slowly blacked out.

When I woke up, the first thing I realized was that I felt different. When I tried to stand, I couldn't get up on two legs. I could only stand on four. I looked around the room. My senses had improved. I could see every dust particle in the room and each individual crack in the wood from 20 feet away. I could smell what each person had eaten for breakfast. It was amazing. I saw the queen staring open-mouthed at me. She slowly held out a mirror.

In the glass was a sleek, pure white tiger. There was not a single stripe on its body. The only marking on its silky coat was a small, black teardrop on its forehead. Its sparkling blue eyes seemed to radiate power and every time it moved, its well crafted muscles moved effortlessly. It was gorgous. I was gorgous.

£

Thank you for reading! I am really enjoying writing this. But do you enjoy reading it?