Chapter 9

I woke up laying down on a bed. I tried to sit up but it was useless. I was too weak. A tall woman wearing a nurses outfit walked into the room, slamming the door behind her and startling me.

"Who are you?" I asked

"Do you not remember me, dear?"

I shook my head. She frowned and left the room. When she came back in, she had a man with her.

"The princess says she doesn't remember me. I'm afraid she lost her memory, docter," the woman said.

"Hmm, princess, can you tell me your name?" the docter asked me.

I thought and thought but nothing came to mind. I tried to bring any memory to mind, but there was nothing. I didn't know where I was at or who those people were. I didn't even know who I was. I shook my head. He sighed.

"You are Princess Belina Gare of Tiger Village. You tripped and hit your head on a rock."

"I'm a princess?"

"Yes mam."

"Will I get my memory back?"

"I don't know dear, I just don't know. And you have company."

The woman opened the door and a man, a boy, and a girl walked in. The boy ran up to me and crashed his lips to mine. I was too startled to push him away.

"I was so scared," he whispered in my ear.

Why was this boy all over me? Who was he? I finally pushed him away. He looked at me with hurt, sadness, and confusion. The docter stepped foreward and placed a hand on his shoulder and led him toward the back of the room. I saw him talking quietly to him. Then the boys head swirled around to look at me with sadness and pity. I didn't like that look. I didn't want them to feel sorry for me. I was a strong girl. I would get better. I knew I would.