Chapter 4

"Get her!" The king yelled.

But I weaved in and out of the gaurds gracefully. Once out the door, I used my powereful sense of smell to find Tigriss. I found her locked in a tiny cage inside a cell. I slipped easily between the bars and ripped open her cage. She stumbled toward me and I picked her up gently by the scruff of her neck. I bounded toward the woods, feeling more free than I ever have.

I saw a rock that was covered in soft moss and layed Tigriss there. I lied down beside the rock and slept.

I told you, Echo's voice mocked me.

Don't rub it in, I huffed.

I could feel her grinning in my head. I really wanted to roll my eyes.

When you wake up, you will be human again.

Could I change back if I wanted to?

Yes. To do so, just picture your other form in your head, and you will start to change. But there will also be times when you will change without meaning to. Like when you are feeling a very strong emotion.

Will it hurt like last time?

No. Your body has been fully adapted to take on the change.

That's good. Do you know who the last shifter was? I'm curious.

Her name was Saila Jane Harp Stoven. She was a wolf shifter. Daughter of King Tyler Flame Stoven and Queen Blue Rose Mystic.

Wasn't King Tyler and Queen Rose the people that united the colonies?

Yes, they were.

Why did they unite the colonies?

When they were alive, many wars were fought among them. Especially the wolf and tiger colonies.

Why didn't they like each other?

Because they were different. Do you have anything against the people from Wolf Village?

No.

Exactly. It's not so different now. So people don't fight wars against each other.

Is that why people don't like me? Because I'm different?, I asked.

Yes and no, Echo replied.

~•~•~

Love You guys so much! Thank you for reading! Vote and Comment!