Chapter 7

I was woken up by the sound of growling and screaming. They had found us, and were going to take Tigriss away again.

"No!" I yelled as two guys held me back.

The leader was holding up Tigriss by the scruff of her neck. She was growling and swiping her paws through the air. But she couldn't get him. He shook her really hard hard and she started crying out. He smiled at me.

"Hello, my little freak." He said grabbing my chin so I would look at him.

I snarled and snapped at his fingers. I was still in my human form, but that didn't mean I was defenseless.

He slapped me hard across the face. I gasped and kept my face toward the ground. I wouldn't let him have the pleasure of seeing my pain. He laughed and walked away.

My head snapped up when Tigriss yelped. He hit her again, and dropped her to the ground. She didn't move. I felt hot tears rolling down my face. But she was still alive. I could feel it in my gut. Then he pulled out a knife.

"No!" I yelled.

He smiled at me and lifted the knife up over her head.

"Please! Don't!"

He just laughed and plunged the knife down.

"No! I'll do anything! Just don't kill her!"

The knife stopped right above her chest. He looked up at me, and smiled wickedly.

"Anything?" he asked.

I nodded slightly. His smile became even bigger.

"Release her!" he commanded.

The guards let me go. I stumbled foreward and looked at Tigriss. I sighed. She was all right. I heard crying behind me, so I turned around. There stood a girl a little younger than me. She had long dark brown hair and goldish brown eyes. Her face was streaked with mud and her clothes were ripped. Tear streaks made a little line down her dirty face. Why is she here, I wondered.

She guy stood behind her, his hands on her shoulders.

"Stand up!" he commanded.

I stood up slowly.

"Give her it," he said.

The guard behind me hands me something. I look at it. It is a dagger.

"Why do I need this?" I asked slowly. I'm almost afraid to hear the answer.

He shoved the girl forward and she fell to her knees.

"Her name is Melody. I want you to kill her."

Hey!!! Please vote and comment!!! Thank you!!!