Chapt 9

The next morning, everyone packed with gossips and jabbers entered the classroom. I glanced and saw Mr. Murphy alone in his table. I remembered what I saw yesterday and I think this is the best time to talk to him. I come close to him.

"Hey Mr. Murphy, I saw you yesterday, with a.. girl. Who's she?"

"Ah, really? I didn't see you. Oh that girl? She's Queenie. A friend of mine. Anyway, is this the fourth time we've talked?"

My mind switched to his last words and my heart pounded, why did he asked that? And how could he know it? Am I that special to him for him to know how many times we've talked? I asked him frankly, "I don't know. I'm not sure. Anyway, how could you know?"

He looked at my eyes, "Uhm, I just thought so. It's because of all the female students in this school, you're the only one who talks childishly with me. You're like an innocent and it's cute."

I blushed and my heart pounds so fast. Why did he say that? Is he flirting me or what? I'm speechless for a moment then when I was about to say something, someone distracted us.

"Lynn! Come here. What do you think should I add here for it to look fancier?" that was Anne. A classmate.

Mr. Murphy looked at her then switched his eyes to me then I go to Anne.

"It's perfect. No need to add anything. Promise." I said even I got frustrated to her because she interrupted us for Mr. Murphy to think I'm a good student.

Jackie's not around. I just noticed it on the second subject. It's because my mind is on Mr. Murphy. I think she's still upset on what happened to them. Poor Jackie.

After class, I saw the old woman again. As her habbit, mowing lawn on afternoons. And when I looked at her, she waved her hands at me.

I wonder why. It's funny, though.

When I came home, I called Jackie. She's not answering it. I called her for three times but she still didn't answer it. Why could that be?