Illegal love

I am now on our door. I opened it slowly then entered. I saw mum taking a nap on the sofa. Ever since my father lost his job, it has always been this way. Now he's out again. Trying to find a job. I did not disturb my mum because I know she's done so much chores this morning. I quickly went upstairs to change clothes. I also changed my sanitary napkin. It's full. I went downstairs to see if ever my mum prepared something for dinner and if ever she has not, I'll better prepare it.

She has not prepared dinner. I took a look in our fridge but there's nothing I can cook nor eat. What a poor life.

I searched for some pennies on my room to buy an instant food outside but I found nothing but a train stub. My stomach is crumbling. I just drank 2 glasses of water to overcome my hunger. A minute or two passed and hunger came again. I just slept to avoid it.

I dream about Mr. Murphy. He was lying next to me holding some pennies.

I woke up by the noises downstairs. I think they're fighting again. I covered my ears but I can still hear it. I am crying and my tears are falling continuously. I don't know how to be in this kind of life.

Tomorrow morning, my mum and I are eating breakfast. Coffee and a piece of croissant. She halfed it by two and then gave the small part to me. "You won't need too much food. You'll just sit at school and do a shit. And me, thinking what should I do to survive tomorrow. Hah, your pap is still unemployed, and I haven't paid car payments for 4 months. The company called me and they say if I don't pay up to 6 months, they'll get it. Who the hell cares? Your pap is really useless. Just like you. You're not helping us."

I stayed silent until I thought I shall go to school. I can't focus on the lesson. My stomach is aching.

At Mr. Murphy's class, I can't see what was written at the board. I am having a blurry vision.

"Ms. Sanders, where did Marguerite found Francium?" asked Mr. Murphy.

"Uhm, uhm in.." and I fainted.

The whole class surrounded me and the rest, I did not see at all.

When I woke up, I was already in the clinic. I saw Mr. Murphy sits beside Jackie.

"How are you Lynn??" Jackie said in a concerned voice.

"Yeah, what happened?" I pretended I did not know I fainted.

"Jackie, go get a glass of water for Lynn." I heard Mr. Murphy said to Jackie.

"What happened Lynn? Are you in your state of your mind now? Tell me, do you know some reasons why you've fainted?" Said Mr. Murphy.

"I don't know any. Anyway, I am in a state of despair right now." I replied.

"Why?"

"It's because I know later on, when I am feeling so well, I'll be the one to make the bed." And it was followed by a grin.

"Oh, I thought you were in a, something serious happening. Nice joke."

Then we both laughed. Then Jackie opened the door and was curious about the reason why we both laughed.