Chapter 1

"Do you know where my dad is?" I pop my head into Cam Neely's office.

"Locker room maybe? I haven't seen him since the meeting." He shrugged.

"Ok. Am I good to go check?" I ask.

"The only thing is the guys might be changing, but I'm sure you're used to it at this point." Cam laughs.

"Yeah, thanks Cam." I walk out of his office and head to the locker room. I push the door open and am greeted by the stench of hockey players and their equipment.

"Have you guys ever heard of washing your crap or maybe Febreze?" I walk in.

"And for those of you who don't know, this is my daughter Tessa, she'll be spending a lot of time here." My dad introduces me.

"Did I interrupt anything?" I bite my lip.

"A little bit." My dad nods.

"I'll just, sit over here. Continue." I say as I take a seat next to Tuukka on the end.

"How have you been?" Tuukka whispers to me.

"I've been good, how about you?" I whisper back.

"Good. Had a great summer in Finland with my family." He smiles.

"Good! I'm glad." I smile.

"Really? First you barge in and interrupt me when I am giving my pre camp speech, now you are talking and distracting my players? I may have to make you sprint." My dad scolds me.

"Sucks to be you." Tuukka laughs.

"Don't think because you were starting last year and you're a returning player this year that you are getting off easy. Goalie drills are not a walk in the park." My dad throws in Tuukka's face.

"You suck." Tuukka looks at me. "Thanks for getting me in trouble." He glares at me.

"Ok you started it. If you are going to blame anyone, blame yourself." I point at him.

"Go lace up and start your sprints." My dad looks at me.

"Wait, you're being serious?" I ask shocked.

"Does it look like I'm joking?" My dad raises an eyebrow.

"I'm not even on this team and I'm being punished." I say as I walk out of the locker room. I sit on the bench and tie my skates before getting on the ice to stretch. I start doing my suicides until my dad tells me I'm done.

After I get into a grove, I start to block everything out until I hit a body, both of is falling to the ground.

"What the-" I look at the unknown body. "You little bastard." I laugh looking into his deep brown eyes.

"Hi Tessa." Patrice smiles.

"Hi you stupid bum." I push myself off of him and stand up. "Was running into me really necessary?" I look at him.

"Well your dad kept telling you that you could stop, but you wouldn't listen." Patrice explains.

"And ramming into me was your only option." I clarify.

"Well you were going too fast to grab, so I just kind of improvised and hoped for the best." He laughs.

"You're pretty stupid. I could have hurt you really bad." I scold.

"But you didn't, so it's fine." He shrugs.

"But I could have. So next time, don't put yourself between me and my skating." I warn.