lippa//seize your moment

-

PHILLIPA SOO P.O.V.

She drove quite fast, not wanting to keep her boss waiting. As she finally arrived in Lacamoire's office, she got the folder handed to her and got out of the car. She showed her ID to the security guard and he let her in. She carefully pushed the glass door open and headed to the elevator.

She walked to his main office, and told his secretary, Elisa that she was here. She heard a come in, and walked into the room.

"Ah, Pippa! Long time no see, come in."

The place was very hippie, the huge glass window was filling up the room with light. His desk was filled with notebooks and messed with writing materials. He has plants all around, and Pippa thinks they might be real.

"So, how've ya been? Last time I saw you, you were fresh out of Julliard."

I knew he would say that. Pippa thought. " I'm okay. I haven't been on stage in a while since I'm working as.. an assistant." 

"An assistant?"

"It has better pay."

Pippa's shoulders rose up slightly and her hands are together. Alex Lacamoire had first met her when she was in Natasha, Pierre and The Great Comet of 1812.

"Yes. That is actually why I came here. My boss has something to give you." 

Pippa handed him the folder. His eyebrows raised a bit as he received it and opened the folder. However, Lacamoire was not reading the letter. He was just staring blankly at the bottom of the paper. He looked up quickly at the young woman and smiled, as if he was holding back a laugh. "Lin-Manuel Miranda?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Lin-Manuel Miranda. You work for him? Really. I know what the letter is about. He's asking me to find actors and actresses for his new musical-"

"'Hamilton.'" Pippa finished. A smirk came across his face. "Pippa, do you know what this means?" Lacamoire says rather excitedly. He walked closer to her and put his hands on her shoulders. "You! You can audition or tell him you are a graduate from Julliard! This is your chance to prove yourself. To seize your moment!" Lacamoire was shaking Pippa. "That would be too awkward. I-I mean-"

"No, reconsider my suggestion. You won't regret it."

-

Pippa did reconsider his suggestion. After all, acting was her passion and dream! The opportunity is right there and she could just grab it. As the lady went home, Pippa looked into her folders and found her diploma. "This might be enough proof I'm from Julliard."

As the next morning arrived, Pippa brought her diploma and mentally got ready for complete embarrassment and humiliation.

"Mr.Miranda? I've successfully given the letter to Mr.Lacamoire."

Miranda looked up at the girl and rose an eyebrow. "Good. You may leave." His hand gesturing her to get out. Pippa took a deep breath and spoke.

"I think I might help in your casting issue."

Her boss looked up at her again. He frowned. "Did you look into the letter?"

"No, sir. Mr.Lacamoire had told me what the letter is about. And he recommends that I should try out."

Pippa feels her skin tingling and got nervous. Miranda laughed a bit.

"And what makes you to become a part of Hamilton?"

"I'm a Julliard graduate. Bachelor of Fine Arts. I was in the Original cast of The Great Comet of 1812. I played Natasha Rostova."

"Fine Arts, huh? Musical theatre curriculum. Impressive, Phillipa. I never knew you had such experience."

Pippa nodded. Okay, this was getting awkward for the both of them. She bit her lip and waited for another response.

"Okay. I'll decide whether or not you'll be casted. I watched Great Comet before. And you will need to somehow sing and act in front of me. Is that alright with you?" Her boss asked.

Pippa felt flabbergasted. Lin-Manuel Miranda was asking how it it was alright with her? This is a new experience for Soo. Inside, her mind is soaring with different thoughts.

Pippa cleared her throat. Did she stare too long?

"Yes. Yes, that'll be alright."

-

LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA P.O.V

He never knew how beautiful Phillipa was. She was officially casted and was getting along well with her cast mates.  Thomas Kail was currently out of town. And no one knows that Phillipa was actually Lin's assistant. During company call, Lin needed her. "Phillipa! I need you." Lin sees frowns put on their faces and whispers. She comes up to him. "Yes, sir?"

"Write a letter for me. Tell Tommy that he needs to be here by next week or the stage manager will resign." Phillipa's head nodded quickly. "Um, sir?"

"Yes?"

"Are we on the same level now?"

Lin nodded, she technically was since she was casted. "Will you allow me to start over?"

What? Lin was confused.

"You can call me Pippa."

And that's just the beginning.