lippa//burn

Lin sits in the music room playing the piano after class hours. He didn't know why... but he felt like his music was missing something. He didn't know what.

But being a senior, not focusing on his studies is hard. Lin was just a passing student. Nothing more, nothing less. He had excelling grades in, of course, music. It was a great part of him and his world.

Lin got his clear book with a music notebook inside. When he looked in in the other music room right across from where he would usually go, a little girl, maybe a few years younger, was sitting on the piano, playing softly and was singing.

I dreamed a dream in time gone by...
When hope was high and life worth living...
I dreamed that love would never die...
I dreamed that God would be forgiving...

Lin was so shocked by the voice he was hearing. It was amazing! Her voice was gentle, yet powerful. Her voice was perfect. Lin put his hands in his pockets and cleared his throat.

"Uh.. Hi." Lin said. The piano playing stopped and the girl froze. "Nonononono! Uh... don't be shy. You did great! That was I Dreamed A Dream right? From Les Miserables?" Lin asked. "Yeah." The girl said quietly. "I'm Lin-Manuel Miranda. Senior."

"I'm Phillipa Soo. I'm actually in middle school."

"No way! With a voice like that... you can fool everyone your a freshman! What grade?" Lin asked. This little girl will have a great future. "Seven." Pippa replied. "Er.. uh... Lin right? Can you play something on the piano?" Pippa asked. It was an odd request but Lin did anyway. "That sounds beautiful. You should show it t-to the world one time! What is it about?" She exclaimed when Lin finished. "It's about someone who was weeping... maybe because she lost something and she's trying to forget it. I don't have a name for it yet."

"Maybe you can call it Burn . Y'know. Like the person is burning the memories away. 1"That's.. that's a great idea! Thanks. Oh shoot! It's five already? I'll see you around Pippa!" Lin said. Pippa.

And eleven years later...

"Come on, Lin. Let's just see the show and we'll meet her afterwards." Alex Lacamoire said. "Fine." Lin replied.

Lin sat on the chair, in the front row. Alex keeps talking about this "Soo" girl to Tommy and Lin. Lin thought it sounded awfully familiar, but he just couldn't lay his finger on it. Until he saw Natasha.

That girl who played Natasha.. it was so.. familiar. Lin put his finger on it. "Phillipa Soo."

After the show, Pippa changed into her normal clothes and met up with Alex. "Hello. You must be Alex Lacamoire." Pippa said. Another man was behind him, he looked so familiar.
"That's me. And I brought the creator himself, Lin-Manuel Miranda." Alex said. Pippa raised her eyebrows, and did exactly what she thought. "Oh hi Lin! Long time!"

That was the stupidest idea ever. Pippa thought. "You met?" Alex raised an eyebrow. "Yeah. A long time ago, actually, I was in high school." Lin informed. Alex made a 'wow' face. "And Pippa, you definitely improved. But not that you weren't bad before! It just meant that you sound more mature now since- yeah." Lin laughed awkwardly. He cleared his throat, "Anyway, we wanted you to be in a musical we're working on. It's called Hamilton. And it's basically hip-hop, about that dude from the ten dollar bill. He actually has a great history! And we want you to play the female lead, which is his wife. Eliza Hamilton." Lin explained. Pippa's face was concentrated on what he was saying and eventually grinned. "I'm honoured. But when?" Pippa asked. "I talked to your director about it. Around next month."

--

Pippa stared at the paper in front of her. Burn it said. She tried it on the piano, it was the exact same tune from years and years ago. He didn't forget the name.

He used her title.

I know. I know. There's no dating and stuff. I know. Because I did the math and tried to use their real age. If Lin was Grade 12, that would make Pippa Grade 2 since they are ten years apart! So I HAD to adjust. I promise the next one will be greater!