hamliza//rabbits

No one spoke to Eliza today. Not even Alexander. And it was her birthday.

As she unlocked the door, she heard a party cannon pop.

"Happy Birthday Eliza!" Everyone cheered. Peggy and Angelica held the cake. But no sign of Alexander. "Aw- guys you shouldn't have..." she said, she nearly cried on how happy she was. she was so afraid that they actually forgot. As they were celebrating, Peggy peeked up behind her "Hey birthday lady! It's time for presents." She said. Eliza was both down and happy. She was guessing George Washington made Alexander work late today.

Lafayette gave Eliza a miniature replica of the Eiffel Tower. Aaron Burr gave her a painting. John gave her her favorite brownies. Hercules gave Eliza a fidget spinner. She doesn't know why. And Angelica and Peggy gave her a fluffy blanket. But still no Alexander.

Keys were being clanged. Eliza quickly shook her head that way immediately. At the door revealed an Alexander with a wet raincoat and a covered cage. "Ah! Alexander! You made it..." John patted his friend on the back. "Alex!" Eliza ran to him and kissed him. "Happy birthday. Sorry I was super late, I went down town to get it." Alexander showed Eliza the cage and handed it to her. Everyone knew what it was. She was so into it she wanted a specific breed.

Eliza lifted the cover slightly. She saw a furry thing moving. She looked at Angelica, her eyes widened. She opened the cover revealing the cutest rabbit she had ever seen(pic above)

Eliza hugged Alexander super tight. "Thank you.." she said over and over again.
-

Everyone left after a while. Eliza was softly touching the rabbit. "I hope that rabbit doesn't replace me." Alexander joked. "It's not that rabbit, Alexander. It's Macbeth." Eliza made a hmph noise. "Macbeth? You named him after the fictional Scottish general from Shakespeare? That's creative.." Alexander chuckled. "Oh please. You named a snail you found and named it 'Tamatoa'. THAT'S CREATIVE." Eliza said in a mocking tone. "And I'd like to emphasize you brought that slimey thing home and it woke up on my FACE!"

Alexander had no words but to laugh. "You're adorable. Happy birthday." Alexander yawned and kissed Eliza's head and went to sleep. While Eliza stayed up later. Bonding with Macbeth.

Alexander woke up to Eliza sleeping soundly on the table in front of Macbeth's cage where he was. Nibbling on a carrot. "Too adorable." Alexander took out his phone and took a picture of the sleeping beauty.