Chapter 11

Well here you go, I know this chapter is a bit short but I think it needed to finish at the point it did. Now that my mojo seems to be coming back, you won't have to wait too long for the next chapter.

Thank you all for the the love and support :)

Chapter 11

Gabe held Abby in his arms, while she admired the ring on her finger as they drove back to the hotel. She was so excited that she didn't notice how quiet he was. 

He had a million things going round in his head. She said yes, she was pregnant. He was over the moon. But something was nagging at the back of his mind and he just couldn't get a hold of it. 

Having sent a text to Pod to tell him the good news, he wasn't surprised to see everyone waiting for them as they pulled up. 

Abby shot out of the car and into Helen's waiting arms. Gabe followed and was given high fives and man hugs from his band mates. Fiona and Lucy joined in a group hug with Abby and Helen. They were all laughing and grabbing Abby's hand to see the ring. 

When they noticed that their excitement was starting to draw a crowd, Gabe suggested they go back to the hotel suite to carry on the celebrations.

Once champagne had been poured for a toast, along with Abby's sparkling water, they all sat around talking. 

Pod nudged Gabe in the side and smirked. "So you've finally succumbed to the old ball and chain then." 

"I love her and I don't want to lose her, it seemed the right time to propose. Anyway, you can wipe that smug grin off your face. We could always make it a double wedding." 

Pod nearly choked on his champagne. 

"Jaysus Gabe, I've only been having a bit of fun with Helen this weekend. Don't go putting ideas in her head." 

Gabe held his hands up in defence at Pod's outburst. 

"Fine, but remember she is Abby's best friend. Tread softly my friend. I don't want you breaking her heart." 

Pod rubbed his forehead and frowned at Gabe. 

"I like her but who knows where it will go. You know me Gabe, my relationships never last more than six months. Why should this one be any different?" 

Gabe was about to reply when he heard Helen speaking to Abby, who was sitting on the sofa opposite them. 

"Have you told him what the doctor said before you left the hospital?" 

Abby glared at Helen in an attempt to shut her up, but realised it was too late when Gabe got up and walked over to them. 

"What's this?" 

"I was going to talk to you about it later Gabe, I don't want to spoil the celebration." She gave him a small smile but he could see the worry in her eyes. 

Kneeling down in front of her, Gabe took Abby's hands in his and spoke softly. 

"Is there something I should be worried about?" When Abby didn't reply straight away Gabe started to get a bad feeling. All of a sudden the thing he had been trying to pull to the front of his mind screamed at him. Abby saw the exact moment that the penny dropped. Shifting forward on the chair she put one arm around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. But he stiffened as his eyes searched hers. 

"It's not that bad, I don't want you getting all upset about it." She tried to soothe him. 

"The doctor said that we had to use protection, not just to prevent infection, but also to prevent you getting pregnant. He said your life could be in danger if you did. How could I be so stupid to let this happen?" He stood up and started pacing the room. When he stopped and turned back to Abby, she could see the fear in his eyes.