Chapter 8 - Part 2

Part Two

When Gabe and Abby stepped out of the lift into the lobby later that day, they were greeted with whistles and cheers from the rest of the group. 

"Hey Gabe. Where did you pick up that rock chick? She's hot man." Pod shouted. 

Abby blushed and buried her head against Gabes chest muttering. "I knew I shouldn't have worn this outfit." 

Gabe held her tight as they made their way across the lobby. He had to admit that he had been rendered speechless when she came out of the bathroom earlier. 

She stood in the doorway, wearing a black leather mini skirt, knee high stiletto boots, a cropped black t shirt with the word HOT written in sequins and a leather jacket slung over one shoulder. The smokey grey effect of the eye shadow she wore, made her eyes look even bigger and the red gloss on her lips just made him want to take her back to bed.

Helen laughed and dug Pod in the ribs, but she was pleased that Abby had worn what she suggested. Pod just grinned and walked over to Abby, picking her up out of Gabes arms and swinging her round. 

"Aaah my baby girl is all grown up." He chuckled. 

"Put me down you idiot." She squealed. 

Gabe came to her rescue, pulling her back into his arms. 

"Yeah mate, go look after your own woman and leave mine alone." He said with a big grin on his face. 

Their antics were starting to draw attention from other guests in the lobby, some holding their phones up to snatch pictures. 

Gabe looked around uneasily. "I think it's time we got out of here, before the paps catch wind of this." 

They all nodded in agreement and headed out of the hotel.

"Stop fidgeting and relax." Helen chided Abby. 

"How can I relax, when I know what's coming." She replied. 

"The guys will be back from their sound check soon, try not to let Gabe see how worried you are." 

"But what if she comes in here?" 

"She won't, Pod told me they have given strict instructions to security to take her to another room and stay with her, no matter what." 

"Okay, that's good. I don't want to deal with her before the gig, it would only upset Gabe." 

"What exactly do you have planned Abby?" Fiona asked, her eyes flashing with glee. 

"I'm not sure, but I'll know once I'm face to face with her." 

"We'll all be close by if you need back up." Lucy grinned. 

"Thank you, I'm so lucky to have such a great bunch of friends." 

"Aaaaw don't go all soppy on us now girl, we'll ruin our make-up." Helen joked. 

Abby laughed and was grateful to her friends for making her feel a little more relaxed. 

When the guys returned, she managed to keep smiling as she sat with Gabe, listening to Gaz and Phil bickering about something that had happened at the sound check. 

Gabe pulled her closer and nuzzled her neck. 

"Are you ok?" 

"I'm good, stop worrying, it will be over soon." She pushed his head up as she spoke and pressed her lips to his.