Chapter Thirteen;

Veronica got up from her bed to sneak down to Ashton’s room in the morning. It was noon, and she wanted to have a little fun with him. She creaked open his bedroom door slowly, so he wouldn’t wake up. She tip toed till she got near the edge of the bed. His face was towards her, messy hair and he looked to be shirtless. She bent her knees and jumped on him, shouting “Good morning!”

“Oh my god, what?” He groaned as grabbed her and she squealed. Ashton pushed her off of him so that she was laying next to him. Veronica giggled as Ashton just layed there, doing nothing. “Did you have to wake me up?” He sounded grumpy, and tired. She wondered if that was a brilliant idea but she really didn’t care. She giggled at how adorable he was right now. “Yes, I did! It’s noon, and we’re suppose to be doing nothing today with each other.”

“Oh how fun.” Ashton sighed before trying to feel his way out of bed. Veronica got up asking what he needed. He sighed before speaking. “God, I can’t wait to see again so I can actually do things myself. I’m looking for my pants and shirt.” Veronica looked around to see that she was standing on them but she didn’t tell Ashton that. She picked them up and handed them to him. He thanked her, and got dressed. “You did look away when I got dressed, right?”

“Yeah, of course.” Veronica blushed as she lied but Ashton smirked, knowing the truth. Ashton felt for her arm, and she linked hers with his immediately. She led him to the living room to sit on the white couches they had. She felt like her arm was itchy from the cast, and almost wanted to pry the thing off herself. She remembered about the plan Ashton’s mom was talking about, and thought it would be the best time to ask him about it. “Ashton, I was talking to your mom the other day and she brought something up..”

“You and my mom talk?” He asked confused like they weren’t suppose to be talking. “Yeah, I was asking about yesterday. Anyways, she was saying about how Makayden was treating you, and she tried to talk to you about and she mentioned that you said something about a plan.. I just wondered...” Veronica trailed off, looking down. She wondered if she shouldn’t of have brought it up. Ashton sighed, and shook his head. “Of course, she brought that up. Basically, when I realized that I liked you, I didn’t think you’d date a blind kid. So, I wanted to make you jealous and then Makayden came a long. So, I basically went out with her to make you jealous. I didn’t think she’d be so horrible to me and that you’d go off and date Calum out of all people.”

“Oh..” Veronica wasn’t expecting that answer at all. He wanted to make her jealous? It kinda worked but it didn’t at the same. She wanted him to be happy and so, she respected their relationship even if Makayden was a bitch. “Well it kinda didn’t work, Ashton. I just wanted you to be happy so I respected your relationship with her even though I thought she was a jerk butt.”

“Ah, I figured.” Ashton shrugged, saying nothing else. I guess they didn’t know what else to say. Ashton turned his head to her, and Veronica noticed he didn’t have his sunglasses on. His eyes were facing forward, not looking at anything particular. “Can you move your eyes on your own or do they just move on their own accord?” Veronica’s mouth just blurted out, and she wanted to slap herself to space. Ashton stalled, and furrowed his brows. “I don’t usually move them but i’ve heard from my mother that they move from time to time.”

“That’s weird.” Veronica imagined her eyes moving on their own, that would be creepy and kinda disturbing. Ashton sighed, and raised his hand so his fingers ran through his hair. “I’m scared, V.” Veronica sighed too, knowing what he was talking about. He was scared about the surgery tomorrow. Ashton shook his head, and Veronica was wondering if he was making the right choice. “It’s all going to be alright, Ashton. You’re going to go threw with it, and come out seeing!”