Chapter Five

Chapter Five

RONNIE left me after a few hours. In the time we spent together he cut my restraints and we drank our iced tea. I tried to smile as he chattered away as if nothing had changed in the past two years.

I paced nervously around my old room, having already tried the door only to find it locked. Before Ronnie left, he kissed the top of my head and wished me a goodnight. I couldn't stand the tension that plagued the empty room and I fell onto my green bed spread in a heap. Tears leaked out of my eyes and before I knew it I was full on sobbing into my pillow.

Feeling the urge to use the restroom, I wiped my eyes and moved to the en suite bathroom door next to my desk. Inside, the bathroom was just as I left it as well. I did my business and then, unable to help myself, took a much needed shower.

Wrapped only in a towel, I walked back into my room and then into my closet. This seemed to be the only part of the room that changed. It scared me how he seemed to know all of my sizes, as I looked around for something to wear.

Everything in the closet was yellow and purple. I sighed, there was a reason I avoided these colors now. I grabbed a yellow sports bra and a purple racer back tank top. There were some black gym shorts that I pulled on over a random pair of underwear that I grabbed from a drawer.

When I was dressed I tossed my towel into the hamper and went back out into my room. A startled yelp left my lips when I saw someone's back sitting on my bed. The man turned slowly to face me and I paled with recollection.

Stefan looked me up and down before his lips turned down in a sneer. "They told me you were back."

"Like you weren't a part of this, Stefan! There's no way Ronnie could have done all this without you." I said, leaning against my desk.

"Ha! Trust me on this one, Bird. As soon as you were gone I wanted to toss all your shit out in the yard and set it on fire. I had no hand in you being back here." Stefan pulled a pocket knife from his jeans and started picking the dirt out from underneath his finger nails.

My eyes followed the movements of his knife and when he noticed he chuckled at me. "I ain't going to to hurt you, Bird. Calm down, the kid would flip if I touched you."

"So I guess you helping me escape is out of the question?" I asked, feeling more at ease now that I knew Stefan wouldn't touch me.

"Not in a million years. For some reason the kid wants you even though I still believe you ain't nothing but trouble." Stefan shook his head and raised himself from my bed. "I don't know what he wants with you but I'd just play along for now. Ronnie hasn't been right since you left, Bird."

I had to smile a little at his casual usage of my nickname. He'd been the one to give it to me. While he was on Christmas break, before I checked in with my boys and he scared the shit out of me, Stefan and I got along for two days. He called me bird because of the owl earrings I wore everyday while I was with The Signs.

"Thanks, Stefan."

"Goodnight, Bird." He left the room and I crawled underneath my covers.

There was a stuffed lion next to my pillow and I brushed my hand over it's fur. Ronnie and I went to a carnival a few weeks after we started dating and we spent close to an hour while he tossed baseballs at milk jugs. He probably wasted fifty dollars on this lion.

Finally tired of going down memory lane, I realized just how tired I was. I was exhausted! Everything seemed to happen so fast today that I could barely keep my eyes open any longer. Rolling over onto my side so my back was facing the door, I fell into oblivion as soon as my eyes were closed.

"Sami. Sami," someone was whispering my name quietly near my head. I waved my hand dismissively trying to swat them away tiredly. "Wake up Sami."

"Murgh!" I replied weakly, pulling my arm back under the warmth of my blankets.

I heard a soft chuckle before the blankets were ripped off me. I curled into a ball and pulled my shorts down in an attempt to gain more heat. "Not happening, Sami." I realized then where I was and my eyes flew open.

I jumped off the bed and backed into a corner, my eyes scanning everything around me. Ronnie stood by the side of my bed with my blankets in a heap at his feet. Everything else was eerily the same and my head started to spin.

"I didn't know you could move that fast, Sami." Ronnie said, laughing a little. "If I had maybe I'd have taken you out dancing more..." When I 'officially' learned of Ronnie's involvement with The Signs he liked to take me out dancing; nothing at our level but, what he thought I was capable of.

"What do you want, Ronnie?" I asked, narrowing my eyes as my heart rate returned to normal.

"Get dressed, Bruce will be up to get you in a half hour. He's taking you to work out later." Ronnie moved closer to me and rubbed his hand up and down my arm. "Afterwords, you and I are going to spend some time together." I thought about jerking away from him but Stefan's words came back to haunt me from last night.

"I don't know what he wants with you but I'd just play along for now. Ronnie hasn't been right since you left, Bird."

I forced a smile and nodded my head in a quick jerky movement. "That sounds great. I'll be ready soon."

Ronnie beamed at me. He brought my hand to his lips before saying, "I'll be here to pick you up at noon and we'll spend the day together. Wear something casual." He left me alone and I ran to the closet, eager to get out of this room!

I grabbed a pair of faded, torn jeans, a yellow tank top, and a purple bandana to tie on my wrist. I thought about the changing weather and snagged a stripped hoodie in the same colors. With my bundle of clothes underarm, I trudged into the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth.

I tossed my hair up into a messy bun just as the door to my room opened. "Samantha?" Bruce's tentative voice called out. "Are you in here?"

"Where else would I be, Captain McAsshole?" I snapped irritably. Spending time with the boy who duped me into being kidnapped by my crazy ex-boyfriend and also arch nemesis wasn't really high up on my priority list at the moment.

"What are you doing?" His voice was much closer and less tentative now.

"I'm just chilling with my unicorn in Narnia. Why do you need me back in kidnapee land? Sorry I'm a little busy now but I'll try to pencil you in sometime after lunch..." Sarcasm dripped off every word and I had to restrain myself from letting out a feral growl.

"Sam, don't make me come in there!" Bruce threatened.

"I'll scream. So help me I'll scream. World will get back to Ronnie and he'll get rid of you." Nice Samantha was gone and serious, I'll cut off your pinkie finger and laugh Sami took her place.

~~

Hey so I know this took forever because I've been gone but my laptop is fried and I've been typing this solely on my shittastic phone and my new sexy nook. I'll try and upload this faster but I'm going to need some time because being a good little senior with a job I don't have a lot of spare time especially with mid terms right around the corner... Just bare with me. Oh and I know not all my formatting is correct but it's limited with the resources at my disposal...

Enjoy?

Vote.

Comment.

<3 P.H.