Chapter 7: Comfort

"What are you doing here?", Mash asks annoyed. "I'm gonna go.", Al says and steps over Jas' legs. "I'll talk to you later, Mash.", Al says hurrying away. Mash sees a bottle of vodka. Jas had finished the little bit of Jack that was left.

"How did you get here, Jas?" Jas didn't answer. Mash is really annoyed now. She steps over Jas to get Rufus "Come on Rue." When she was stepping back over she heard "I didn't wanna do it." Jas begins to throw up. "Shit.", Mash says. Jas starts to sob again. Mash lets Rue go in to the apartment and goes on her other side to hold her. "I'm here.", Mash says and rocks her. Mash seriously wanted to know what was going on and how did Jas get there.

Mash starts helps her up. That's when she heard Jas wince. She stops walking. "Jas what happened?" Jas has on a hat and the hallway was dimly lit so Mash really couldn't look Jas in the eyes like she preferred. Jas didn't answer her so Mash continued to gently walk her along more until they're inside apartment.

Once they're in enough light. Mash looks up at her and sees the bruise on her neck first."The fuck?" She reaches up and yanks Jas' hat off Jas squints as the light hits her eyes. Mash now sees massive goose egg that's grown on the side of her head. She also sees her blackened left eye that's swollen shut. Jas is nearly unrecognizable. "Who in the fuck did this to you?", Mash is irate.  Jas doesn't answer.

"Jas what in the fuck happened?", Mash asks when Jas doesn't say anything again. Jas still doesn't answer. She looks down at the floor. "I'm sorry.", Jas says. Mash is confused now. "For what?" "I was about to have sex with him." That was a gut punch for Mash to hear but she's more concerned with what happened to Jas. "Jas that doesn't matter right now. Wait did Mike do this to you?" "I didn't want to do it anymore and I said no." She clinches her jaw and a tear came out her non injured eye.

"Jasmine, did he rape you?" Jas bit the inside of her lip as more tears fell. She wipes her face. Mash says, "I'm calling your brothers." Mash meant Max specifically, but if you call 1 you might as well call them all. She continues without waiting for Jas' response. "Did you call the po..." Jas grabs her and says, "No don't call them." "Well did you call the police?", Mash is highly concerned. "No.", she answers.

"Why not?", Mash says now actually kinda upset with Jas. She obviously needs medical help and this isn't the time to be stubborn."I don't want to go to the police or hospital. I just want to be here with you." Mash runs her hand on Jas' wiping her tears away "Baby, you need medical attention and he needs to be locked up."

Jas is still her best friend so she will ALWAYS be there for her. But she's honestly also the love of her life, regardless of anything that's just happened between them. So this is hurting her too of course not at Jas' level but its definitely hurting her to depths she's never experienced before. Jas needs her more than ever right now, so gonna Mash is gonna be there for her.

Jas starts stumble to the couch and lays down. Mash follows and takes off her shoes.  "I took a shower.", Jas slits.  "Stay here. I'm gonna get you some ice.", Mash says. "Mash PLEASE don't call my brothers." She knows Mash was going to get ice, but she was also gonna call her brothers, even though Jas said not to.

"I'll leave Mash, I swear I will." She is still pretty fucking drunk but was sober just enough, to know what Mash was really up to. "Ok, ok let me at least get you some ice, please?" Mash had thought about still going to call them but changed her mind knowing that Jas would definitely leave. So she didn't call.

Once Mash got back there Jas had closed her eyes. But when Mash made it to the front of the couch, Mash got on her knees in front of Jas . She rubbed her hair back and kissed her forehead. While Mash was wiping her tears away she hears Jas say again, "I'm sorry I hurt you."  Jas is very drunk and become repetitive when she's drunk but she does mean it.

Mash sits back so Jas can see her comforting smile. She stands and while putting the ice on Jas' eye she says, "Do you know how much I love you?" Mash starts biting lip her trying not to cry. She does elicit a smile from Jas, though. Mash knows she wouldn't be able to live without Jas in her life. She wants Jas to know that. Mash closes her eyes. "What Mash?"

Mash sighs. "I just love you so much and hate seeing in pain like this." A tear begrudgingly falls from Mash's eye. She was trying not to cry in front of Jas. Jas sees this. Drunk or not, in pain or not, sad or not. Jas doesn't want to see Mash cry. "Lay with me?", she asks Mash. Mash tried. Her couch was old, worn and extremely tiny.

She was about to try to get up when she noticed she couldn't. Jas had wrapped her in her arms tight. "Jas come on let go. You need the rest more than me." "No.", Jas replies defiantly. "Ok, fine. I'll stay here. You take the bed. Because we both can't lay here.", Mash says. "I'll only go to the bed if you go with me. That or we're both staying right here.", Jas says and squeezes tighter.

Mash has already made her feel better, in fact just seeing her face and hearing her voice obviously made her feel better. "Ok we'll go to the bed brat. But only after you brush your goddamn teeth. Jesus." That gets a chuckle from Jas. They get up, Mash helps Jas as she helplessly listens to her to Jas wince and groan. She wants to mention the police and hospital again but she knows it'll go in one ear out the other. Right now the best way Mash can help Jas is to just be with her.

She helps her to the bathroom and grabs a extra toothbrush. "Wait you mean I can't use this?", Jas playfully asks while pointing towards Mash's toothbrush. "Oh oh fuck no my dear. Hold you hand out." , Mash answers. Jas does and Mash slaps it in her hand.

It feels completely and utterly awkward looking at a bruised and battered Jas and joking with her. But Jas is laughing and smiling. So Mash will continue to do whatever it takes to keep seeing that. "Hey and Jas please use mouthwash too. Then sit down." Mash adds, pointing to the toilet. "Why?", Jas asks confused. "Since someone wants to be a hard-headed pain in my ass, I have to play nurse." Jas gets a smirk on her face. "So what's different than normal?", Jas asks. "Touché.", Mash quickly responds.

Mash cleans up her eye as much as possible and gives her pain pills. "Hey Jasmine how did you get here? I hope to god you didn't drive." "No I wouldn't do something so stupid(she has before). That's why god created Uber. Just saying."

They then go to lay in Mash's bed they lay looking at each other. "Jasmine, I have a question." "Oh shit you called me Jasmine again.", Jas says and smiles. Mash gives her a blank stare but then starts to caress her cheek.

"Why won't you go to the hospital or police and please don't say it's cause you just wanna be with me. You know I'll be there with you. He deserves to be in jail and you need medical help." Jas turns towards her hand and kisses it.

"I don't want him in jail. My brothers and cousins can't kick his ass that way." Jas says. She smiles softly. Then she starts caressing Mash's face. "And to the other question, I didn't go to the hospital because what happened did fuck me up.

I honestly just want to be where I feel the best right now, and that's laying here with you. You are and ALWAYS have been the best medicine for me." She then leans in and softly kisses Mash.

It felt awkward at first. But then felt as if Jas putting all the love she has for Mash behind it. She's felt this kiss many times before. Mash wanted to stop it, but Jas pulls closer to her. Now she definitely couldn't stop.

Mash caresses her face and slowly deepens their kiss. Jas then begins to kiss her back just as deep, perfectly synchronizing the kiss moulding their mouths perfectly together. They let their tongues dance and play together for another minute or so before Jas breaks away.

She puts their brows together and looks at her lovingly. I definitely wasn't anything sexual about. Jas just needs to feel the love of the person she loves most in this world. Mash also needed it just as much. "See no doctor can do that for me." She smiles than kisses Mash on the nose.

"Let's go to the bed, nerd." She turns and lays on her back allowing Mash to lay on her chest. Mash listens to Jas' heartbeats and says, "I love you. Night Jas." "I love you too Mash. Night. " Mash then falls asleep to the sound of Jas' heart and Jas falls asleep in the comfort of Mash's arms.

I hope you're enjoying the book. If you like what you just read please feel free to comment and/or vote.