Catching Sweet Feelings (Alexis and Justin)

(Alexis and Justin)

'The sun comes up on another morning...'

...

The sunlight rained through the window of my hotel room. It was fighting against the glass to get to my eyes. But I just fell into bed.

I groaned loudly, sitting up against my headboard, trying to read the tiny blinking digits on my alarm clock that was sitting silently on the nightstand. I sighed in relief.

It was finally summer. I had been waiting for summer since the split second school started. And yes. It was finally here. And I could feel it.

And of course. Though I was across the country, away from everything, that same dream haunted my mind.

Eversince he left.

Eversince Justin left.

My best friend.

It was definetly not enough to say that I knew him. Because I have known him since he was stuffing his shirt sleeves with plastic balls. Pretending that they were his muscles.

But, The only place where I saw him was in my dreams. And for me that wasn't enough.

My heart always kept telling me it was something more. And I was always waiting for him to come knocking on my door. But of course, I blew those feelings away briefly. And I didn't listen to my heart until he was gone. Gone from my life. Gone from Canada. And most importantly...

Gone from me.

He tried to call. But something stopped him I'm sure.

Maybe he forgot me. . .

I shook my thoughts out of my head. There was no use thinking of it. I was too young for love. And its not like he knew. I didn't even know if he felt the same way.

The room was quiet now.

My thoughts were quieting.

But my heart was beating loud. Skipping beats as the moments passed by.

And I could help but think... I needed to be somewhere right now. Not home though. I needed to be there. Wherever 'there' is.

I racked my brain, sighing a small sigh against the headboard. My hair needed to be brushed. My face needed to be washed. I was wasting time. And I didn't know what for. My head was telling me to stay where I was.

But my heart was telling me otherwise.

I ran a hand through my wavy locks. Dark brown to be exact. And I stood from where I laid, catching glimpses of myself in the mirror. My dark brown eyes were deep. And they glowed against the sunlight of the early morning that shined through the window of the empty hotel room. I came here for an escape.

And I needed to start somewhere.

...

My dark eyes narrowed in on the crowded shops. The streets were aligned with people. Everywhere you looked, people were either carrying shopping bags or walking their pretty little dogs that could easily bit into a purse.

I looked at my reflection intentively through the window. The pale skin that graced my body needed to be fixed. Maybe California could be more then an escape. Maybe I could actually enjoy myself here.

Maybe.

I looked to the right, then to the left. The streets seemed to be a bit quiet now. And almost empty. Some shops were silent.