Chapter 9

Updated: 7.8.16

Andrew's POV

We stood there riding the waves of our intense orgasms. We were both panting heavily and I felt sweat dripping down my body. Pulling out of her slowly, she began to whimper at the loss. I smirked as I began to take her out of the harness.

The things this girl does to me! I've already forgotten why I was angry with her and most of my shitty day. Pulling her limp body up into my arms, I pressed my lips to her forehead. I was making my way to leave when she stirred from her sleep and grabbed my wrist. I turned back and looked at her. Her hair was out over the pillows in every direction, her face was as beautiful as ever, but the pouty pleading look on her face was making it hard to go.

I found my self stiffening in more than one way. But there was a voice in my head taunting me. As I looked at the pleading look on her innocent face it reminded me of her - the she-devil of an ex that I used to be in love with.

"Please Andrew, stay with me for a bit," Shanti pleaded. I felt something pull at my heart. But I knew better. The last time I felt this, I ended up getting hurt and feeling like a useless piece of shit for three months. Shaking my head to clear those thoughts I looked down at her and smiled sadly.

"No kitten, I have work to do, now sleep." I commanded her as I released my wrist and walked out of the room. I went back into the spare room and pulled on my pants, then headed into my study. I sat at my mahogany desk and pull out my files. Starting up my computer and going straight to my email, I go through all the business ones and trash the junk. But one sticks out in particular. The sender is not familiar and I click on it. Reading over the message, I feel my hands clench into fists.

Andrew,

It's been a while, son. Far too long. I'll be sure to stop by your office later in the week.

Your father, Frank Coles.

The only thought that was playing through my head was "How the fuck did he get my email!?" Putting my head in my hands, I couldn't help but think back to what happened.

-* 23 years ago *-

I was waiting as patiently as any five year old could for my mom to finish lunch while sitting at the kitchen table. The day was going well so far. He wasn't home yet to fuck anything up. My mom came round the counter and placed my sandwich and fries before me. She smiled down at me, although I can tell something was wrong. She had dark circles under her eyes and her eyes were red as if she was crying. I reached out to grab her hand in my much smaller one.

"What's wrong mama?" I looked up into her amber eyes, I took after her. She shook her head solemnly and attempted to smile only for it to come out as a grimace. I was about to ask her some more but the front door was kicked open with a loud bang.

We both jumped at the sound. She put her hands on either side of my face, looking into my eyes pleadingly.

"Andrew, honey, we're going to play hide and seek with daddy ok?" I didn't understand, but I nodded anyhow. She grabbed my hand and led me to the pantry and hid me. She looked down at me as if it was the last time I would have seen her. Closing the pantry doors quickly, I heard my mother shuffle across the kitchen. The sound of running water let me know she was at the sink. The I heard the kitchen door being kicked in as well.

"Hello dear. How was work?" My mother asked my father. I heard the heavy footsteps of my father as he got closer to my mother. Then I heard the resonating sound of a slap. I jumped.