Chapter 13

Andrew's POV:

     Everything comes in hazy. My head is throbbing and my mouth is dry. Slowly my vision goes from black, to blurred, to a paralyzing bright intensity. I blink several times and look  around me. It is early morning, dawn is steadily approaching. I sit up abruptly and groan from the searing pain in the back of my head. I stumble onto my feet clutching my head. The pain was intense and I couldn't get the gnawing feeling out of the pit of my stomach. I brush off all the dust and grime from my suit. The pain is slowly subsiding and the sun has decided to shine unbearably bright today.

     I walk past my car only to walk up to it. It was gleaming as it always does in the morning light, but there was something on the hood of my car. Edging closer to the hood of my car I noticed two things. One: the glossy, black paint was keyed. Two: Shanti's wedding ring. Anger coursed through me in an instant, soon followed but anxiety. What has he done to her? Where could he have taken her? This was all my fault! I picked up the ring and began absentmindedly rolling it around in my hands as I read the message. A chill ran through me and I felt my knees go weak at his words.

     Drop the charges or I'll cut her head clear off of her shoulders. You have 48 hours. - F.C. 

     "That cold-hearted, good-for-nothing, fucking bastard!" I screamed just before I punched the hood of the car - effectively denting it. He's going to pay for everything he's done. When I'm through with him, he'll wished he were sent to beg at Satan's feet. I stalked away from the car and into the house - nearly pulling the door off of the hinges.

*2 Hours Later*

     The car service came and towed the car a few minutes ago. I managed to get some pictures of the message Frank left me on the hood. Every time I look at those pictures, I want to mutilate him till he's unrecognizable.  I sat in my study looking over the photos as I spoke to the police from my land line.

     "No officer, it has yet to be 24 hours." I said into the phone, trying to maintain the last thread of patience that I had.

     "Well sir, we can't do anything about it yet. The protocol demands a standard time of 24 hours for a missing person's case is." The woman said to me in a flippant tone.

     "Look!" I shouted barely able to keep my anger under wraps. "My wife is being held hostage by a fugitive. I don't give a shit what your protocol calls for, OK? This man is dangerous and he's only given me 48 hours." I screamed into the receiver.

     "Sir, please calm down. I'm sure that we can wa-" I didn't give her the chance to finish her sentence before hanging up. Fucking good for nothing pigs. There was no way in hell that I would wait to find Shanti and mutilate Frank. I needed help and it just struck me who to call. Pulling out my phone, I scrolled through the contacts and dialed Mark's number. On the second ring  he answers.

     "Hey man, what's going on?" Mark asked while yawning.

     "I need your help. Get John in on this too. I have a bit of an issue that needs 'taken care of'." I say simply and know that Mark is wide awake now.

     "Give me half an hour and we'll be there shortly." Mark says - all traces of sleep gone. I hang up and screw my eyes shut. I can feel the anger burning within me. I refrain from letting the anger consume me, I need a clear head if this is to work. I get up from my seat and head into the room. I can feel a twinge of guilt and pain when I look at Shanti's things. If I didn't go out of my way to get her, she wouldn't be in this situation. I draw in a shaky breath and walk into the en suite. I strip down and start the water.