3

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Kenzie's POV

Over the past week Brynn and I have become closer. It's currently 2.35 pm on Friday. We have a free class right now. We're sitting at the back of the class just talking about random things. "Do you wanna hang out this weekend?" I asked her. "Omg I was just going to ask you the same thing!" She laughed. "I'll take that as a yes," I smiled at her. "Of course babe," she told me.

We made some plans. I was going to go to Brynns house tomorrow morning. Then we're going to go shopping and get food. After that we'll go to the beach and then I'll stay at her house. After we had planned everything I looked up to See Johnny Orlando staring at me. I quickly looked down and blushed. Brynn looked over to see why I was so fazed. She turned to look at me with a supersede face. "You like Johnny Orlando?" She whispered to me. I only nodded my head. "Omg yes," she nearly screamed. I laughed it off.

After school I was waking home. Maddie was going straight to dance and Brynn had a dentist appointment so I had to walk by myself. I put in my earphones and started lowly signing along.

You made plans and I, I made problems
We were sleeping back to back
We know this thing wasn't built to last
Good on paper, picture perfect
Chased the high too far, too fast
Picket white fence, but we paint it black

Ooh, and I wished you had hurt me harder than I hurt you
Ooh, and I wish you wouldn't wait for me but you always do

I've been hoping somebody loves you in the ways I couldn't
Somebody's taking care of all of the mess I've made
Someone you don't have to change
I've been hoping someone will love you, let me go

Someone will love you, let me go
I've been hoping someone will love you, let me go

I stopped when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see Annie LeBlanc walking behind me with a big smile etched on her face. "Omg Kenzie I didn't know you could sing," she smiled at me while catching up. "I can't," I told her confused. "Uhh yes you can, if you don't call that a talent then your stupid," she told me. "I mean I've never sung in front of someone," I admitted. "Omg the talent show is coming up, we should sing together," she told me. "Umm," I stuttered. "I'll let you think about it, but always remember the offer is open," she told me before she turned up a path and walked into a house that I assume is hers.

I continued walking replaying what Annie said. She thinks that I'm a good singer. She's a "popular" person. A "popular" girl thinks that I'm good at singing. Maybe I will sing with her.

Lol idk what this is🤣
But I mean here you go
Comment and vote if you liked I guess
Slán

{521} words