Irreplaceable ~ Suga

SENSITIVE CONTENT. Read at own risk.
Y/D/N means daughters name
Y/BFF/N means best friends name.

ir·re·place·a·ble
impossible to replace if lost or damaged.

Y/N's POV

I always wanted a kid. It has been my dream since I could remember to be the best mom possible. So when I got pregnant I vowed to protect my baby even if it cost my life. I had gotten a call from my doctor a while back. I knew something was wrong. But I never expected the news she had broken to me.

                                •Flashback•

I walked through the white corridors of the hospital. The scent of alcohol filled the hall making my nose burn. I headed towards my doctor's office as my palms felt sweaty. Something was wrong. I knew it. She had called me out of the blue telling me to come to the hospital as soon as I could.
I got to my doctor's office and knocked.

"Come in." She said.
I opened the door and walked in.

I smiled shyly, "Hi!"

"Oh, Mrs.Min (you) I'm really glad to see you. Please, take a seat. Is Mr. Min not with you?"

"No, he's at work right now. Does he need to be here Doctor?"

She sighed, "No I just thought it would be best if he's here too but it is what it is." She looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"Is everything ok? What's the reason for having to come here as soon as possible? Is the baby ok?!" I started worrying more and more as every possible scene flashed through my mind.

She sighed. "Y/N there's no other way for me to tell you this. The baby is fine. It's not what I'm worried about. It's you. I'm worried about you. The results of your blood test came back. Y/N you have cancer... Leukemia stage three to be exact. I'm sorry but we need to discuss the risk possible to the baby."

You couldn't believe it. You couldn't believe how in a matter of seconds your whole world could come crashing down. You felt like you couldn't breathe. You put your hands on your womb protectively as a tear ran down your eye.

"I'm really sorry Y/N. I know it's hard for you right now but please. We need to discuss some major things. Would you like me to call Mr.Min?"

At that, your head perked up, "No! Please don't. I- I'll handle him when I get home. Now, what is it that we need to discuss?"

Your doctor looked hesitant at your response but let it go knowing it was your choice, "Now at this point, I'm worried about you and the baby. Chemo is known for harming the baby. And since you're at stage 3 we really need you to make a choice. Y/N you have 3 options. One of them is you can go with chemotherapy and risk the chance of your baby being born ill. By that I mean your baby can be premature, or be born with a disability."

Your heart clenched, "And the other options?"

Your doctor closed her eyes, it was obvious she didn't want to say the other options.
"You can also-" she paused. She was having difficulty saying the other options and it only made you worry even more.

"Please. Doctor. Tell me" your voice cracked as you spoke.

She looked at you and realized your seriousness. "You can risk your health and stop chemo in order to save your baby. Or you can save yourself, abort and hope for the best in order for you to have another child."