Hospital for judgemental people

I haven't been updating this since forever! But now I finally got myself together and decided I'd post once again. I hope you're still interested in reading it!

also, please me know what you thought of the story, or vote if you liked it. I really hank every one of you who takes the time to read this!

---

In the end, Baekhyun took me home. I had no idea how long we had been there – we had ended up talking for ages. He told me about his life, his friends and everything in general. I told him the same, but his stories were way more interesting. He, for example, was part of a group with eleven others. I wasn’t part of a group, I didn’t even have friends. When he described what they did, I have to say I became slightly jealous. I had never gotten to experience such things. Everything I had ever done, was sitting in my room and stare out of a window, looking at things I couldn’t see. For all I knew, a concrete wall was what I had been staring out at for ages. And there was nothing I could do with it.

As we drove back home, I leant my fingers against the cold glass that divided me and the outside world as the car moved forward at an incredible speed.

“Hey, Baekhyun…” I muttered while feeling the cold sensation numb my fingers and spread up through my body. Baekhyun, who had been staring out of the other window in the back seat of the car, turned to me.

“What?” he asked curiously.

I was silent for a second, wondering if I should ask him. But then I shook my head, trying to get rid of my cowardliness. I always questioned myself, or blurted out things only to regret them later on. I had to stop it; I had to let myself way whatever I wanted to say.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked. Tapping my fingers on the rough fabric of the seat, I leant my head against the window and sighed. “I just met you yesterday, any other person wouldn’t care about me, and just leave.” I reasoned, talking as much to myself as I did to Baekhyun.

For a few seconds, he was silent, probably pondering about my question. But then, he took a deep breath.

“Kita, how often do you listen to the radio?” he asked. “And do you even watch tv?”

“Wait, what does this have to –“ I started to ask puzzled, but Baekhyun quickly cut me off.

“Just answer, please.”

I cocked my head slightly confused, but then decided it was better answering, even though I had no idea what it was for. “Well, I do listen to the radio pretty often. And no, I don’t watch tv. why do you want to know all this?”

“Then, which radio-channels do you usually listen to?”

“What – I mean, the usual ones. The culture channel, classical music… doesn’t everyone?” I wondered why he would ask me this. How did radio have anything to do with him taking be to this place?

Baekhyun shifted in his seat and leant over to me. “Nope,” he said. “Everyone certainly doesn’t listen to the classical music channel,”

Then he leant forward to the driver instead, and asked him to turn on the radio. “Oh, play Arirang,” he said, obviously asking for a preferred radio-station. I wondered what Arirang was. I’d never heard about it before, to be honest. The driver muttered something in response, and turned it on. And as soon as he did, music I had never heard before flowed out through the speakers in the car.

“Someone call the doctor, hold me and tell me

Love is a sickness, an addiction, overdose

It’s harder to control as time goes by

I’m falling deeper into her

Oh too much, it’s you, your love, this is overdose

Too much, it’s you, your love, this is overdose,” It was a band, that was obvious. They sang in harmony, an upbeat pop-song. After a short while however, Baekhyun asked for the radio to be turned off.

“Kita,” he asked, turning to me. “What do you think of this music?”

I tilted my head slightly, becoming really confused. Where did Baekhyun want to go with this? What was his purpose?

“Well,” I muttered. “It’s not really my music but I guess they’re really talented.”

“And what do they look like?”

At this question, I wondered if Baekhyun, once again, had forgotten I couldn’t see. For God’s sake, that moron!

“My dear Baekhyun. How the heck would I be able to know what they looked like? I can’t see!” I voice became more irritated during the sentence, and I swear, I was so close from losing my mind.

“That’s it,” was his only answer. No ‘oh, I forgot’, or ‘oh yeah, that’s right’. Just a plain ’that’s it’. So he didn’t forget. Then what?

“You don’t judge people based on their looks. You get to know them, and then you judge them. If anyone with eyesight had seen Berta, they would probably judge her at the first glance. But you didn’t. And that’s why I think you are special, Kita. That’s why I wanted you to experience the world, as you’ve never been outside before.”

This short speech did two things to me.

One, it blew me away.

And two, it broke my heart.