Hospital for Souls (EXO-fanfic)

This is a completely original story I came up with myself after meeting a blind girl. I don't know if anyone has ever come up with this before, but if so, I am sorry. 

Baekhyun is introduced in end of the second chapter by the way, so if you're not interesting in reading about the blind girl's ranting you can jump to that chapter.

----

Being blind isn’t as bad as many people portray it to be. Just because my eyes don’t work properly it doesn’t necessarily mean my head isn’t either. I am perfectly normal. In a way. If you look way from the fact that I am blind, and have a hereditary condition that makes my skeleton extremely weak.

I repeat. I, Kita, am completely normal, thank you very much.

It all started when I went to the hospital, and was placed in a chair in front of the window. My palms found the glass, and I could feel the hard, cold surface press against them. To be honest, I didn’t know why the nurses placed me in front of the window when I had no advantage of it, as the glass was like a steel wall to me. I could see through both just as much.

I pressed my head against the window, and my sunglasses almost fell off. How long was I supposed to stay here? They never told me. Last time I had been here for four weeks straight. The time before that, only a couple of days. I sighed and stood up. The rain drummed against the window, making a repeating rhythm.

I fumbled for a couple of moments, before finding my walking-stick. I could walk normally in my own house because I knew it well, but this room was new to me. To not stumble I had to use my walking stick, which I hated. I hated never having a full outlook over things. I hated being dependent on others, even things. It was pretty stupid because – of course – I couldn´t see, but even though. Everyone thought that I was helpless just because I couldn´t see. Like that would ever happen. Instead of always being dependent on my eyesight I had learnt to use my other senses. I could smell, feel, hear better than many people with eyesight.

So even though I wished more than anything that I could see, it didn´t bother me. I had never seen the world outside, so I didn´t have anything to long for. One couldn´t miss something one never had.

I realized I was in for a long-term stay when they brought my piano in through the door to my room. I knew normal patients would never ask for a piano in their room, but I was a… special case. My mom walked over to me in her high heels that clicked against the floor, and leant over to me. I was sitting on the bed listening to the radio, with my hands folded in my lap.

She hugged me. ”Kita, we love you so much, and only want what’s best for you. You’ll be here for a while now, but your dad and I will come and get you as fast as we can, okay?”

I knew what that meant. I knew they cared for me. But it also meant they didn’t have the time for me right now. My father was the CEO in an international cooperation, and my mother was a fashion-designer, so they didn’t have much time. If the hospital had gotten its will I would’ve lived there at all times, as I also had a weak body and couldn’t move a lot, but I had said that I wanted to live at home. Because of that, whenever my parents were away or got guests I was transferred to the hospital.

”I get it, you’re busy. But I’ll be okay.” I said, still concentrating on the radio. It wasn’t that I hated my parents for leaving me here when convenient. I didn’t feel sad or abandoned. I just felt… forgotten.

My mom kissed me on the cheek. ”I’ll come and visit you as soon as I can,” she said. I could tell from her voice that she was smiling. Then she turned around, and walked out of the room. I didn’t turn around or did anything to stop her to tell her goodbye. I was used to this. I had spent half of my life in this hospital, as the doctors had tried to find out what was wrong with my body, and a cure for my blindness. They still, after sixteen years, hadn’t found a cure. I didn’t have any hope that they would the next couple of years either.

----

thank you if you read this far! I know this takes time to read, but I hope you enjoyed it. I'll post the next bit, where the other main character (guess who) is intoduced.