Hospital for Realizations

Hey, guess who's back (hint: it's not slim shady)! I know I've been gone for a while, but long story short, school has been extreme and the first draft of this part was deleted so I just lost all motivation to write. But after ten months I am back! To those who waited, I am very thankful. And also a special thanks to BaekkieLyn, who has been motivating me to keep updating. You all is the reason this story still exists:)

---

I did think of looking for Baekhyun. Several times, really. When all I had was silence and the nurses that occasionally dropped by, I had lots of time to think. And as Baekhyun had been the only interesting thing that had happened to me in recent times – well, ever for that sake, it was obvious my thoughts would wander back to him. It's not like I wanted them to; if I got it my way, my memories would be wiped clean. Then I wouldn't have to deal with the weird, sad pain in my chest that sat like a stone beneath my ribcage every time I let myself think of him. Which was pretty much all of the time. I couldn't place the feeling; it was not something I was familiar with. Some people described me as cold and without feelings, but I had never had the need to feel anything, I had become immune to any sort of it because of the environment and conditions I grew up facing.

Byun Baekhyun messed with my head; there was no doubt about that. He made me feel stuff I didn't want to feel, and even new things I couldn't place. He was rather horrible, I decided. For being so fantastically deceiving, for managing to fool even me. It was no wonder he had a lot of fans if he was like that with everyone. He made me feel all mushy and giddy on the inside, yet so relaxed and comfortable.

He even made me laugh, and I had never laughed before so it was wonderful. And all things new that Baekhyun showed we were wonderful, for that sake. The crisp air when he brought me outside. The beautiful melodies as his fingers danced over the piano as light as the first snow. His hands and his voice and his words and his warmth and the fact that he made me believe he cared... all things Baekhyun did that made me feel special. I had to admit, he did deserve standing ovation for managing to play me like that. Byun Baekhyun was something for himself.

The nurse's words were the only other thing racing through my mind as I laid on my bed, making the minutes pass. Looking for him. Looking for him. I should go looking for him. But I never did. In the end, someone came looking for me instead.

"Kita, you have visitors," the voice in the telephone that hung on the wall told me. The telephone was used when the hospital needed to get to me or the other way around; it was mostly for formalities only. I had no say in what happened anyways, so it was only to inform me of things happening to me, and to pretend I had choices. I never actually used it myself, other than pressing a button when it rang.

I furred my eyebrows. Visitors? As far as I knew, I was forgotten by my parents. Baekhyun was long gone. Who in the world would want to visit me? No one else even knew I existed.

"Who is it?" I asked suspiciously. If it was the police, I decided I would try using my right to remain silent like in the books.

"They would rather not have me say their names out loud, but can assure that they are friendly. They say they are acquaintances of you; they seemingly brought a fruits-basket for you." The woman in the phone, a worker at the front desk of the hospital, also sounded a little bit puzzled by this. I knew her well enough to know she would not send any suspicious strangers to my room, but I had never been in such a situation.

"Fruit?" I asked with confusion evident in my voice. "What would I need fruit for?"

The secretary quickly said something about it being common when people are ill, as a sign of successful recovery. Seeing how I had nothing to recover from and just had very weak bones and blindness, I found this strange. Nonetheless, I appreciated the try.