Chapter Eleven

New chapter  :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Bridget!!  Bridget it’s me!!  Come over here so we can chat!!”  Justin leaned down to my ear,

“Do you know her?”  He asked as I looked up.  I took another look at the bitch who I loathe, as I turned away from her and headed towards the waiting room I shook my head,

“I have no idea who that is.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Bridget.” I pulled my right ear bud out of my ear and looked up at Kenny,

“Yeah?”

“A girl out there asked me to give this to you.  Here.”  Kenny passed me a small piece of paper, the soft pink colour and faint scent told me who it was from.  Opening it, her almost too perfect to be real cursive writing wrote a message addressed to me,

‘Bridget!  Hey babe!  We just have to catch up, I’ll staying at that really fancy hotel in town in Auckland when I get back to New Zealand so we should meet up sometime!!  P.s. bring along that sexy piece of meat for a boyfriend you have hidden in there with you ;) Text me baaabe!!’

Her number was scrawled underneath the words.  Scoffing, I screwed up the paper and stood up to put it in the bin.

“Flight 8807 to New Zealand, boarding now.  Calling  flight 8807 to New Zealand.  Thank you.”  A droning voice called just as the paper hit the bottom of the bin.  I looked over to my luggage to see Justin picking it up and dragging it over to me.  Scooter stopped him a second later, pushing a luggage trolley in front of him.  After speaking for a few moments Justin dropped all of our bags on to it and Scooter walked away with Carin right by his side, laughing and joking.

“Come on, time to go.”  Justin smiled as he intertwined our fingers and lead us towards the door, straight to the area where all his fans were waiting.  Straight to where the girl I had hated for so long was.

Screams pierced my ear drums once again as we appeared from the lounge area.  Just as the first of our group began to check our plane tickets on the scanner, I saw a fan broke away from the crowd in my peripheral vision, taking great strides towards us as the security bounded after her.  A hand latched onto my wrist and as I shook it, still not looking at whoever this person was,  they refused to let go.

“Bridget!!”  My head snapped towards the voice.

“Bridget!  Stop ignoring me!!  We’re friends!!”

“Let go!”  I finally found my voice, using it to attempt to get rid of this fan as nicely as I could.

“No!!  Please Bridget!  Don’t ignore me!  We were the best of friends and we can be that again!”

“NO!!!  Let go!!  I don’t want to be friends with you!  Let me go Sydney!!”  Sydney’s grip on my wrist finally went limp and the security managed to drag her away, her stare still on me as I glared right back.

“What happened to you not knowing who she is?”  Justin whispered in my ear, sounding confused.

“I don’t know her.”

“That’s not what it seemed like to me.”  He said while he scanned our tickets.

“Well that’s what it is.  I don’t know her.  Now can we drop it?”  Justin nodded slightly before attaching our hands once again and leading me up into the plane and into the first class area which had been bought out for Justin and his crew,

‘Typical.’ I thought, a smirk growing on my face, ‘This boy has way too much money.’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Psst.  Bridget, psst.  Wake up.” Justin clouded my vision as soon as I opened one of my eyes.

“What d’you want Jay?” I asked quietly.

“I wanna talk about that Sydney girl at the airport.”  Groaning I turned away, hoping to get off the topic and just to go back to sleep.

“No, you aren’t going back to sleep.  I want to talk about this.  Why did you say you don’t know her if you obviously do?”  He asked as he turned me over by my shoulder.

“Because I hate her.  Happy?  Now can I go back to sleep?”

“No, you can’t.  Why do you hate her?”

“Why do you wanna know?”

“Why can’t you just answer the question?”

“Why can’t you just drop it?”

“I want to know what’s going on with you, you’re obviously wound up about her being here so why can’t you just let me in?  Isn’t being open with each other part of a relationship?”

“Why are you getting so upset with me about someone you don’t know and something that you don’t know about?”

“Why do you keep answering my questions with another answer?”

“Oh my gosh, you need to chill.  All I have to say is that what happened between Sydney and I is nothing to do with you and I’d rather not recap over that friendship that ended so long ago.  Let’s just say that she caused a lot of shit with me and I was sick of it, our friendship ended because of her, it was all her fault.  End of story.”  Without letting Justin respond to my small outburst I turned over on my side away from him and closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep even though I was now wide awake.

“Is everything alright hunny?”  I heard a woman ask, I immediately recognised the motherly tone as Pattie’s.

“I dunno.”  Justin replied.

“What do you mean?”

“I think she’s hiding something from me.  Something happened with that girl that ran up to her at the airport and Bridg won’t tell me what it was that went on between them.  I just want to help.  And like I said to her, isn’t part of a relationship being able to be open with each other and being able to share everything?”

“Maybe she just isn’t ready.  She might be really hurt by whatever it is, just give her some time okay?  I’m sure she’ll let you in eventually.  In the meantime, just be there for her.  She’s getting weaker and weaker each day, she’s going to need you to be there for her, to look after her when she’s sick from the chemo and to pick her up when she’s down because of what’s going on.  Things will turn out fine.  For now, get some sleep.”

“Thanks mom, I love you.”  Minutes later and everything was silent, I sat back up and looked over at Justin sleeping peacefully.  I couldn’t keep him out any longer, it was obviously hurting him to have me keep this from him.  ‘That’s it,’ I decide, ‘As soon as we get to the hotel in New Zealand I’m going to tell him everything.  No holding back from now on.’