Chapter Seven

"You look heaps better today Bridget, you're getting a bit of colour back in your face." Justin told me as I came out of the bathroom in an outfit for the day. 

"Thanks Jay, I feel heaps better. And what makes me feel heaps better is that I don't have to have chemo for another 2 weeks." I smiled, "So, are you ready?" I asked as I pulled on my denim jacket and fixed the straps on my sandals. 

"You're asking me if I'm ready? I was ready when I got here. I've been waiting for you to be ready for the last half hour." 

"Alright, alright. Don't be picky. But come on, perfection takes its time, baby." I joked. Justin took a step towards me, bending down slightly, 

"Oh, I know it does, baaabe." He drawled before pecking me on the lips and walking out the door. I chased after him and jumped on his back yelling, 

"Run horse-y!! Run!!" Justin began sprinting, me bouncing along with uncontrollable laughter. A nurse bounded out of one of the rooms with a glare, shushing us like a librarian. Our giggling subsided and I slipped off Justin and back onto the floor, my sandals hitting the lino floor with a small tap in the process. I grabbed Justin's hand and dragged him along to the elevators, taking them down to the second floor and out to the exit area where Kenny was waiting to drive us to a signing that Scooter had organised. I slid onto the leather seats before Justin then waited for Kenny to start up the car. 

The screaming started as soon as Justin came into view of the fans, I winced, not being used to the loud noise where as Justin grinned at his dedicated fans. 

"I heard they've been waiting since 5am. Yesterday. Apparently they started arriving just after it was announced that I was doing a signing." He smiled. 

"Woah, that's crazy, that's like 30 hours." 

"I know, it's great isn't it? I feel so blessed to have their support." I studied his face, seeing nothing but complete admiration for the girls of all ages waiting to meet him. 

"Come sit." I hadn't even realised that I'd been standing still until I saw Justin patting a seat next to him for me to sit in. Uncertainly, I pulled the chair away from the table and sat in it, it was surprisingly comfortable for how it looked. 

"You ready shawty?" Justin turned and asked me as he took some sharpies off a lady that looked as if she was robotically engineered. 

"Yeah, sure." Just as I replied, a fan that looked more like a Barbie than anything remotely human stepped up to the table wearing everything Bieber-ly possible. Her outfit consisted of a home-made Belieber singlet that hung so low, I would have been worried if she hadn't been wearing a bra and some denim shorts that were so short they were basically non-existant. She grinned at Justin, not even taking a single glance at me, treating me as if I wasn't there. 

"Hi Justin!! I'm your biggest fan!" She semi yelled, I rolled my eyes and fidgeted with a purple sharpie that Justin had given me for some reason. I had been day dreaming for some time when suddenly Justin nudged me, 

"Babe, she wants your signature." He gestured to a teenage girl that was looking at me hopefully. 

"You want my signature?" I checked, making sure that she wasn't joking or anything, she nodded eagerly in response. 

"I'm a huge JayBee fan." She gushed. It was then that I noticed her attire. Her body was covered in JayBee merchandise, stuff that I never knew existed until now. 

"JayBee?" I asked. 

"Yeah, you know, first letter of each of your names? 'J' and 'B'? JayBee?" 

"Oh right, okay. Uhm, so what do you want me to sign?" She pushed forward one of Justin's book that was open, a message was already scrawled on the front page in what I recognised as Justin's messy writing. Not knowing what else to say, I wrote a short message in my best handwriting: 

'Thanks for supporting JayBee and being my first autograph! Keep on beliebing! Bridget xx' 

I closed the book and slid it across the smooth surface to the girl. She opened it and read my message quickly, closing it then thanking us and taking a picture with us before being ushered away by security. 

"Was that really your first autograph?" Justin asked me as the next fans came up and got their book or cd signed. 

"Yeah, who else would've wanted my autograph?" I replied as I sat back and watched fan after fan come by. 

"Me." He turned to me as he waited for another fan to come up to the table. 

"Yeah well you didn't ask for it." I smiled as the second JayBee fan came up, it being obvious by the t-shirt that was covered in our couple's name in different fonts. She grinned at the both of us and we signed it before handing it back over to her. 

"How about you give it to me now?" Justin said as he got back onto the subject. 

"Hmm, here." He passed me his iPhone as he signed another fans book and took a picture with her. 

"What am I meant to do with this?" I asked, confused. 

"Sign the back." 

"I'm not signing the back of your phone," 

"Why not?" He looked at me. 

"Because it'll ruin it." I said as if it were the most obvious thing. 

"No it won't. Come on, just do it, I know you want to. And then when I get a new phone you can sign that one as well. One day you'll be famous and I'll be able to sell all my phones for heaps of money." 

"Why would I be famous? And why would you need to sell your iPhones for money? You're already, like, a billionaire." 

"I wanna be a billionaire, so freakin ba-ad, buy Bridget all the things she'll ever want to have." Justin sung. I laughed at his change of lyrics. 

"Nice Justin, real nice." I giggled as I signed my signature the best I could before giving it back to him. 

"I know babe," He replied as he signed another cd.

After a few hours, and my first few hundred signings, we exited the building, my handing throbbing like never before. 

"How do you do that?" 

"Do what?" He asked as he opened the door of the Range Rover for me. 

"How do you sign so many things for so many hours, my hand hurts bad." Justin took my hand into his own and began to massage it slightly. 

"You'll get used to it after a while." He smiled at me, I groaned at the thought while Jay just laughed. We pulled up at the hospital by the back entrance and headed in, going straight to the ward to tell them I was back. Sasha was sitting at the front desk when we made it upstairs and she handed me a message from a doctor that had taken me on when I had arrived here in Canada. I opened up the paper and skim read, stopping when I read the part about a scan. It said I was scheduled for a scan at 4:00. I checked the time and saw that it was 3:45. I showed Justin the email before we made our way to floor 3. The receptionist took me through to a room and passed me a hospital gown to get changed into. 

After the scan I got changed back into my own clothes and walked into the waiting area where Justin was reading a magazine. He stood up when he noticed me and smiled before intertwining our fingers and leading me back to my ward. We chatted about the fans and all the crazy outfits we had seen at the signing. By the time we got up to my ward Sasha was waiting to give me another email from my doctor. I read it quickly and looked up to Sasha for confirmation, she nodded eagerly and sent me a warm smile before walking away up the corridor. I turned to Justin to see his eyes lit up in excitement. 

"Go on Justin, I know you want to." 

"Okay babe," He fumbled as he pulled his iPhone out of his pocket, quickly punching in a number and shoving his phone up to his ear. The person on the other end of the line picked up and said hello. 

Justin replied eagerly, "How soon can the tour start?"