Prologue

"Why does that girl keep looking over here?", a 14 year old Marsha "Mash" Turner asked herself. "She looks good as hell, but it's kinda becoming creepy." She says as she continues her inner dialogue. Mash was supposed to be socializing with her lgbt peers but instead she mostly pretended to read comics and people watched. She actually took a glance at one of her comics she was pretending to read and read it for all of maybe 30 seconds before she heard the voice of the person who would change her life forever.

Jasmine "Jas" Mitchell went to the Real Youth Atlanta weekly meetings to find easy no gaydar needed pussy. And this place was like a walking talking  buffet for Jas. Jas never had a problem getting girl. Gay, bi or even straight(too much work though) girls were accessible to Jas at all times. But sometimes she liked it easy. Lgbt social group is as easy as it comes. Now she definitely succeeded in her main purpose for going to those boring ass meetings. But it's something about this girl in the corner that was nagging at her.

"Mash, huh?", Jas asked. "Yup.", Mash answers. "Why Mash?", Jas asked out of curiosity. "Well from what I was told when I was a baby the food I loved to eat the most was mash potatoes so they just started calling Mash and it stuck.", Mash explained. "Really, that's the story?", Jas asked highly disappointed. "That's the most boring story for a dope ass nickname."

After 3 weeks of Jas being uncharacteristically nervous, she had finally had the courage to go up to her. She saw her reading Wonder Woman 52...Jas had been looking for that everywhere. They were all sold out everywhere she looked. "Where'd you get that?" Jas nodded towards the book. "They're sold out everywhere I look." Mash expression changed to a confused one. "She reads comics.", she thought.

Mash decided she'll have to grill her on that later. She had a more pressing question. "Why you always staring at me?" "Um..." Jas honestly didn't know why: Mash was too young for her, she definitely wasn't ugly. Actually she was really cute, but she wasn't Jas' usual type either.

Jas just shrugged, " I dunno, maybe you just fascinate me young one.", she smiled. " Who comes to a meeting every week and sits in the corner?", Jas asked. "I like to people watch and I'm not much of a talker.", she answered. "That kinda the point of this whole thing....to talk?", Jas asked. "What do you know about Wonder Woman and better question is how?" Just then Mash gets a shocked face. She had answered her own question in her mind.

"What?", Jas asked looking in confusion. "You're a blerd!!!", Mash says excitedly. "What in the fuck is a blerd?" Mash starts laughing uncontrollably. "Hey, hey calm that shit down. People are looking." "What scared your image might be ruined if you're seen with a blerd? Also known as a black nerd. Which you're definitely an undercover one.", Mash explains.

"Ok few things you need to know about me, Marsha." Mash squinted at her with that. "I may be what you consider to be a blerd. But I'm certainly not undercover no one really seems either interested in what I'm in to or care enough to ask what I like. That's part of why I prefer to be a loner. I get sick of having to explain shit, that's IF people even ask.

Second I don't give a fuck who I'm seen with especially not if they're cool like you. And another thing you changed the topic. "Dammit.", Mash thought. "Why'd she have to have a good memory.....or be so damn cute." "Why don't you just go to a park if you wanna people watch?", asked curiously. "Shit.", Mash says under her breath. Jas also has great hearing and raised an eyebrow.

"I've had this one girl follow me around since I was little and it's like she has a radar and she knows where..." "What's her name?", Jas interrupts to ask. Mash gets a confused look on her face. "Mash, what's her name?" "Why?", Mash asked. Jas didn't make a peep.

Jas was a loner but like she said by choice. But she was well liked enough, well known enough to where if she wanted to be "popular" she could be easily. Because of who she was: athletically gifted (all the coaches want her to play sports she said no), her model good looks or who her brothers were. She could hang with anyone she wanted, do anything(or anyone)she wanted do.

"No.", Mash said, knowing why Jas wanted her name. "Ok, I'll just find out my own way.", Jas said. Mash was able to go where she wanted from that day on. Lakeisha Johnson no longer was a burden on Mash. Jas was now bored of the meeting.

But she still wanted to chill with Mash she seemed too cool to not hang out with. Jas had never met anyone like Mash. She didn't want anything from her, she didn't "bow down at her command(in fact she challenged her). She also listened to her and cared about what she had to say. Her brothers were the only other people to do that but they were family they didn't count.

Jas was totally different from anyone Mash had met before too. Jas actually had a conversation Mash. Joked and laughed with her and seemed to love it. It was mutual thing. Mash loved talking her. She had no friends. So Jas was a refreshing change.

She was totally different from what she thought she saw...someone just looking for hookups. She was kind, funny and extremely intelligent. Plus it didn't hurt she looked good as fuck.

"Hey you wanna go get something to eat, I'm starving?" Jas asked. "Ok." The 2 never went back to the meetings again. The 2 became inseparable were never alone again.

I hope you're enjoying the book. If you like what you just read please feel free to comment and/or vote.