Prolouge Part 6

1 week later

Jonas took me into town. He had messy blonde hair and blue eyes. We walked into an execution. A man about forty or so had his shirt off and was tied to a pole. I remember reading about him in the paper, Thomas Campbell. He attempted to assassinate our king. There was a large crowd. Jonas usually takes me to executions, knowing I detest them. After beating up Lucy, he gave me hell for it.

"This is what happens to people who do something wrong." Jonas explained. I have heard this thousands of times. I pitied this man knowing he attempted assassination on the king.

When we got home, I made it straight for my room. I drew for a little, only finding myself drawing this mysterious boy. He'd promise me he'll be back for me. I snapped back to my senses. I shouldn't be pondering over these things.

Not much happened between the boy and the winter of this year. Rumor had it that a vampire who turned a human into one of them is on the run along with the victim. I presumed it was a rumor and continued with my apprenticeship. Jonas had taught me many valuable lessons I needed.

The vampires attacked. Jonas and I ran to the town square where thousands of people were crowded. I saw many corpses and dust on the floor. The vampire looked at me with her blood red eyes. Just when I though I was dead, Jonas stepped in front of me and took the hit. I screamed. I reached. I got pulled back. I cried. I blacked out.

When I woke up, I found myself in an infirmary. I struggled, gasping for air. I wanted to run out, yet I was pulled down by a woman about thirty with long brown hair and hazel eyes.

"Calm down Irene." a voice said "You will be alright if you stop."

I realized that voice was in my head. After I calmed down I decided to talked to that voice.

"So, who are you." I asked her

"I am a demon who invaded your head, I am not going to cause any pain, this voice is your secret.

"Are you the hell demons?" I asked her

No I am not, I am sent here as a punishment for rebellion.

"I am going to call you Gwendolyn, like it or not."

Humph, I hate mortal names, I hate my job. Gwendolyn pouted

"Well you are certainly a stubborn and lazy demon."

I AM NOT LAZY NOR AM I STUBBORN Gwendolyn.

"Are too."

For the time being, I could crack a smile.