Chapter 1

Pika was walking along the path to the hunter exam.

"What a pain, I was just a week away from graduating from Beacon when it gets attacked and I now have to take some dumb hunter exam in another country in order to have the status. What's the point of the exam anyway, any old fool can pass an exam, even if it's just luck, it doesn't make them a good hunter." She grumbled to herself as she entered the exam.

She had been careful not to draw any unwanted attention to herself today, removing anything that tyed her to Beacon or Ruby Rose that was visible. She couldn't change her eyes but who would notice something as small as that?

All she needs to do is to not get super pissed or super sad, how hard could that be?

She entered the exam to find that there were a lot more people there than she had expected. Surely this many people can't pass the exam!

A couple of people approached her, some being friendly, some trying to prevent her from being able to participate. It was so obvious, it was like they didn't even want to trick her.

She looked around with her semblance, but, as she suspected, there was hardly anybody who seemed to be able to use their aura for anything more than staying alive.

When the hunter exam finally started, Pika rushed to the front of the group so she could pass sooner.

Was this really the first test? It was so... So easy. Pika couldn't understand why people at the back and near the middle were dropping out. This was easier than the stuff we did at Beacon.

Pika was at the front when she realised that she had overtaken the examiner. Pika slowed down to allow him to over take her again and this time she ducked behind some people.

She didn't really pay any attention to the two men's conversation, until she heard the phrase "red eyes" that caught her attention to the point that she decided to listen in on their conversation. Were they talking about Yang? Did something happen to her?

Or maybe, just maybe, they were talking about her. But no, it appeared that one of the men had red eyes when his emotions were powerful. To be honest, Pika was relieved, at least nothing had happened to her best friend and cousin.

((A/N: Sorry, this story is mostly one which is another version of a story that I am writing for a friend, this one is only made so I can use a specific line.

Shout out to AnimeFamily43))