022

Elise wasn't good with crying, she wasn't good with actual emotions that people felt other than anger or sarcasm

Elise wasn't good with crying, she wasn't good with actual emotions that people felt other than anger or sarcasm. Tears and pain was something that Elise pretended she didn't have, she dealt with her problems differently, tucking them away and accepting that things happen and people leave, that there was nothing she could do to change whatever outcome decided to happen. She knew how to deal with her problems, other people's problems and emotions, not so much.

So, while Bella was lying in bed tears streaming down her face as she tried to find some way to deal with the fact that not only had her boyfriend left her, telling her that he didn't want her anymore, Bella now also had to deal with the fact that Jacob didn't want her anymore either. She was sobbing and talking out through her sobs how people saw her as so easily disposable and that she didn't know what to do to make people stay.

To say the least the onslaught of emotions she was witnessing was making Elise nauseous, especially since she knew the truth behind one of those heartbreaks. She knew that it had absolutely nothing to do with Jacob not wanting her, he just wanted to keep her safe until he could control his phase, until he could make sure that while in his presence that Bella would still be as safe as she was when he was just a happy, human teenager.

"Bella, I'm sure it's not that. Maybe he's just going through something."

"He told me how afraid he was of Sam, how he used to give him this look that he'd be the next one that they took and now its really happening. They got to him, Sam and Paul, Jared, all of them." Bella seemed to recall something in her words, a name that rang a bell in her subconscious. "Paul, aren't you and him a thing?"

Suddenly feeling very cornered and on the spot, Elise was hesitant to answer. "I guess you could say that."

"Does he tell you anything? Is there something you know? Something, anything?"

"We don't really talk about things like that, I wouldn't know any more than you do."

Hours had passed and Bella had long sense dried off since her outdoor pool time at Jacobs house. She was reserved and sad, nothing Elise had said being enough to soothe the war taking place in her mind. Sometime during, Bella had told Elise to leave, told her she wanted to be alone, a request the younger Dunatos was having a hard time fulfilling but she did so anyway.

The first place she went after the Swan girl's house was go to Paul's exhausted and more than ready to go to bed. His front door was unlocked, leaving her the ability to get undressed and cuddle up in his warm sheets, falling asleep before she'd even realized she'd done so.

She wasn't sure how much time had passed before she'd been woken up, a whole new day with much less rain in the way. "Rise and shine, sleeping beauty."