003

"We've been here for three hours, how many friends could you have possibly made?"

"I'm a jack of all trades," Asher muses, his handsome features turning up into a mischievous smirk. "I appeal to the jocks because of my knowledge of sports, I'm good with the ladies because I'm hot. I connect with the nerds because I'm nice and I don't have the heart to tell them that I don't understand the point of Dragon Ball-Z and Pokémon. And let's not forget my favorites, the angsty art kids, they're my favorite because I make a wonderful muse."

Elise stared at her brother, her eyes vacant as she listened to him. "You make me want to vomit, literally hurl every bite of food I've consumed because you are so incredibly conceded. I'm not sure what parent you inherited that from but I'm blessed I missed out on that one."

"Don't be jealous, little sister, you are beautiful, it's just that I am much more beautiful than you are."

"Little sister?" One of Asher's jock friends asked, he was dressed stereotypically in his varsity jacket, his last name in bold lettering across the back and his varsity letters and medals sewed into the front neatly. "I didn't think the rumors were true, we never get new girls let alone hot ones."

Elise scoffed unimpressed with him—Tyler Crowley his name was. He was a senior and a football player with pretty brown skin and a straight smile. "I'm flattered."

"I disagree, flat and you don't belong in the same sentence."

"Dude," Asher slapped Tyler in the head, his light brown irises getting darker as he grew angry with the teenagers words. "That's my sister, show some fucking respect."

Tyler brushed it off but Elise could still see the way he couldn't focus is attention fully on her face. "Chill out, it was a joke."

"Elise!" A deep, booming voice shouted across the lunchroom, the brunette's head snapping towards it to find Emmett standing up, one meaty hand raised to summon her over. "Come sit with us."

"First day and you're already friends with the Cullen's? Lucky you."

The seventeen year old girl sighed, collecting her tray and moving to stand up. "I'm not friends with them, I just have a class with Emmett."

"Nice knowing you then, once the Cullen's find a shiny new toy they don't disappear. That's what happened to Bella Swan."

Scanning through the others at the table Emmett sat with, Elise paused to ask a question. "Which ones that?"

"Next to Edward, he's got the douchebag hair."

"Maybe it's best you stay here?"

The younger Dunatos shrugged off her older brother, pulling her backpack over her shoulder. "And have your friends stare at my tits the whole time? I think not, I'll just see you after lunch."

When she reached the table, a seat was opened for her and she was greeted by multiple new faces—attractive faces at that. "Guys this is Elise, Elise that's my brother Edward and his girlfriend Bella. That's my other brother, Jasper and his girlfriend, my sister Alice." Elise followed his finger and their respective nods until she reached the gorgeous blonde beside Emmett, her pale hand rested comfortably on his thigh. "This is my girlfriend Rosalie."

"Adopted?"

"How'd you know?"

"I knew Forks was weird but I don't think it's reached the level of accepting incest but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong."

Bella grinned from beside her boyfriend, their hands were interlocked with one another's, resting in her lap as they were leaned back in their plastic chairs. "Where you from?"

"Michigan."

"Their weathers more bi-polar than here."

"Forks isn't bi-polar," Elise speaks again, finding herself talking about the weather more than she liked. "It's depressed but not to be rude, why am I here?"

It was Rosalie who spoke now. "Emmett took a liking to you and we wanted to know what the fuss was all about."

"That makes it sound like I'm trying to steal your boyfriend and I'm definitely not trying to do that."

"I'm not worried," Rosalie calmly answers, her topaz eyes twinkling with unspoken danger.

That was another thing Elise noticed as she looked around at the circle, they all shared the same exact eye color—except Bella, hers were just brown. "Are you guys wearing contacts?"

"Fluorescents," Nearly all of them spoke in unison, their words dying down as they realized what they'd done. "No, we aren't wearing contacts. Just good genes I suppose."

Incredibly beautiful, yes.

Good liars? Not a chance in hell.

"What about yours?" Bella questions, sitting upright and devoting her attention to the new girl who wasn't even bothering her tray of food before her. "Contacts or just good genes."

"Genes, every female on my mom's side of the family have the same blue eyes. Dunatos curse I guess."

Jasper looked up at her for the first time upon hearing her name, eyes lighting up in recognition. "You're greek."

"Yeah, Greek and Italian."

Alice smiled at the brunette from her seat beside Jasper, her short pixie like hair cut close to her face, framing her small features. "You should come over our house sometime, we'd be great friends."

Elise took one last look around the others, not completely sold on them or if she even trusted them. "Not so sure how my dad would feel about that, only daughter and he's really protective."

"I have a feeling he won't mind at all, but let me know."

"How would I do that?"

With nimble fingers, Alice swiped Elise's phone from the table, putting her phone number in and labeling it. "That's how, I'll send you the address so if he says yes, just come right over."

"Okay."

The pixie haired female smiled widely, her pristine white teeth on display for all to see, but instead of Alice speaking anymore, Rosalie did. "This is going to be interesting."

"Tell me about it."