002

Elise's second problem with the rainy, dismal town was their school system

Elise's second problem with the rainy, dismal town was their school system. Fork High School, home of the Spartans was bigger than she'd expected. It was cut up into three different buildings, one dedicated solely to the cafeteria and gym, the other an entire science wing and the other the main building with the the mandatory core classes. "Not that I have a problem with snow bunnies, but I wanted to see some color." Asher pouted in distain, his brown eyes still searching hopefully through the crowd in the parking lot.

Elise stared over at him, her mouth parted open as she tried to find words suitable enough to compare her brother too but nothing seemed fitting enough. "You're insufferable."

"Do you think they have a soccer team? I need to stay brushed up or else I won't get any scholarships."

"I don't think so, but I thought you were bringing your grades up? Colleges might not give you a full ride if your grades don't match up to how well you play."

Asher shrugged in the passenger seat as his sister maneuvered her car through the others to find a parking space. "I was hoping you'd just do my work for me and I'd pay you."

Electric blue eyes rolled as she pulled the car key out of the ignition, reaching her hand back to get her backpack out of the seats behind her. "We won't be going to the same college, Ash, and it would tip them off if you're grades are stellar in high school and barely scraping the floors in a uni."

A backpack was swung over his shoulder, one large hand holding the straps in place as a comfort as all the other students watched them get out of the car. It didn't bother them being the center of attention, but it wasn't the most pleasurable experience being stared at like an animal in the zoo.

"It's like they've never seen other teenagers before."

"Come on," He grinned glancing over at his sister. "This is Forks, population of three thousand, five hundred and thirty-two. They haven't seen a new face ever, especially not ones as attractive as ours."

Elise cracked a smile, her and her brother walking as calmly as they could tot he building labeled main office to get their schedules. Inside wasn't as rainy, it was surprisingly air conditioned and much cleaner than her old school in Michigan. "How are you sweetheart?"

"My brother and I are new and we need our schedule."

"Name?"

"Elise and Asher Dunatos."

Her fingers took a moment to type it into the computer, only asking once how to spell it. "Here's a junior schedule and a senior schedule, there's a map on the back of it and you can always come back if you need anything else."