Chapter Eight

Cuties.
So I'm supposed to update this every Friday and the past two Fridays I forgot so imma try and finish this tonight and post it Friday :)

Minghao was scared. He acted cool about it, but he was actually terrified. He's never been in surgery before. Under anesthesia or anything like that. His mind kept drifting to think, 'What if I go to sleep and don't wake up.' He couldn't really help it as much as he tried to not think about it. And he would like to say he wasn't scared of anything, but people were going to be drilling into his head, which is really close to his brain, which if messed up, he could actually not wake up.

So yeah. He was scared. Minghao even pretended to be sick so maybe his parents would let him stay home from school and postpone the surgery, but they were too smart and saw through his plan. Now he had to go to school, running on less than four hours of sleep because he's been staying up all night thinking about the bad things in his head. Even so, he did what he had to do and got his ass to school, which also wasn't going well because instead of paying attention to his lessons, his mind wondered. Thankfully it wasn't all about the surgery. He was thinking about Junhui.

Junhui seemed to set his mind at ease just a little bit. Even if his heart raced at the thought of him, his mind was calm. Minghao now concluded that he was developing a small crush on the blond. It didn't bother him much and he wasn't trying to deny it. He's had crushes before and he got over them just as quickly, but he wasn't sure about this one. Which wasn't a problem. He even wanted Jun to be there with him when he got out, knowing he would be able to hear him a bit. It might not be the best, but Jun being one of the first things he hears just makes his heart flutter again.

When they 'hung out' the other day, it was awkward and he was pretty sure he was about to witness the murder of an eight year old boy. He wasn't sure what the little brother did, but he must have pissed Jun off. When he asked Jun about comming to see him, it wasn't really planned. It was one of thoes things that popped into your mind and you say it before you can stop yourself. Though he wasn't really mad at it. He was glad that Junhui cared about him enough to come and see him. It was a sweet thought that made a smile tug as the younger boy's lips.

Before he knew it, second period was over, thank gods. He hated algebra and whoever invented it. Minghao's parents were constantly on his back about bringing that grade up so he can get into a good collage. That made him laugh because he wasn't even thinking of going to collage. First off, he didn't even know what he was going to do. Reading was the only thing he liked to do in his spare time and you can't take a course for that.....that he knew of. Forget being a writer, as much as the idea fascinated him, he wasn't a good writer either. So there wasn't anything he could really do in collage. And he wasn't going to force himself to choose something he will be unhappy with for the rest of his life.

His plan for life was simple. His grades just needed to be high enough to graduate, then he could get a job, which he's also not sure of yet, but it'll come. Then he moves out of his parents house and probably rooms with Seungkwan since he is the cleanest out of his friends. So life plan was all good. He didn't really have to worry about anything. Except for the surgery tomorrow. Dammit. Just when his mind was off of it.

Minghao planned on getting his lunch and going to sit in his next period, but before he could head there, after warming up his food, he was stopped. By Jun of course. His friends didn't seem to wanna make eye contact with him at all. Which was awkward because Jun asked him to sit next to him. At first he said no, but Soonyoung glared at him, which basically ment he needed to sit his ass down.

So the whole table was quiet, with the exception of the two boys at the end of the table talking.

"Okay. I'll introduce you all," Junhui smiled sitting up in his seat. "Everyone this is Minghao."