Chapter 2: "It's 3 in the morning Alya, what couldn't-"

𝒜𝒹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃

Somewhere in the dark Adrien's phone vibrates, he startles awake, disoriented and looking around for his phone. The phone continued to vibrate as the blonde ripped the blankets and duvet of the bed searching. Till his gaze looked to the side, "Oh lord, I must be losing my mind," he groaned as he reached for his phone that was sitting on his nightstand
the entire time.

"What and who?"

"Um, Important news and Alya."

"It's 3 in the morning Alya, what couldn't-"

"I found a perfect surrogate."

"What?! Already? I thought you had do like publish a whole bunch of stuff, interviews and all that?"

"Well, yeah, I don't need any of that. This girl of my trust, beautiful by the way. And she really needs the money for a genuine cause. Besides, I was thinking it's better to something more low key you know? Publish something on the media? The gossip magazine, oh gosh, I can see the headlines already. I think this is the best way."

"If you say so. I'll like to see her tomorrow if possible."

"Of course. I'll ask her."

"Thank you, Alya."

"You're welcome."

~
10:03am

Adrien looked out the big window of his living room, the skies were dark grey. Not even a small ray of sunshine passed through the heavy clouds. Sitting on an armchair close to the window he drank a steamy, hot coffee as he watched the rain fall from the sky onto the street, sidewalks and his window.

"Plagg do you ever wonder what actually happened to ladybug? Did she really die?" Asked the blonde softly. The kwami stirred on Adrien's shoulder, stretching his little legs.

"I don't know. To me that day has become blurry. I really thought I was going see Tikki again, but what happened was too crude. I guess they both did." Plagg sighed sadly.

The memories and wounds were still raw and fresh. Plagg might have purposely forgotten for the pain was too much yet Adrien couldn't. Is still hunted him how he watched the love of his life die on front of his eyes.The villain had chained ladybug at threw her under the Eiffel tower, before he destroyed it. It collapsed on top of her as Chat watched chained and held by the villain. Squirming at the hold, and crying for the villain's mercy. But it was too late. Everything was blurred by the tears in his eyes when he saw the bluenette's body limp lying on a pool of her own blood with a metal stick through her chest.

He cried and cried, the chains were suffocating him, pressing so tied he still has clear marks of it. The air left his lungs and the villain released him and he fell on the street. The impact too strong and the chains strangled his body; he fainted.

A couple of weeks later he woke up in the hospital, he felt weak but no pain was stronger than the images flooding through his mind. After being stabilized by a nurse, he demanded to know what happened after he fainted. The nurse told him two more superheroes came into the scene and defeated the villain. The damages were still there since only Ladybug could fix it.  Then she told him that Ladybug's body disappeared. Her blood was there along with the coated in blood stick but her body wasn't.

Still this day, he wondered what really happened. Or how. Deep down he hoped she somehow survived... but how could it be?

His thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell.

All previous thoughts jumped out the window since it's probably the girl Alya choose for him.

He was nervous no doubt. Whoever he was going to open the door for, could be carrying his child in a near future. Or not. But beyond everything, he feared the solitude that would follow him for the rest of his days if this didn't work.

<<>>

(Word count: 700)