Chapter 7: "Just hold on for me."

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒩𝑜𝒾𝓇/𝒜𝒹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃
Later that night
•••

Adrien transformed and climbed out his own window. Skillfully climbing the wall of his house until he reached the roof, he there walked across and looked down balcony of Marinette's temporary room and there she was. Her arms folded on top of the balcony's rails with her head settled between them. Her dark blue being softly blown by the wind, the moonlight shined upon her.

She's so beautiful..

His heart started beating erratically as he watched her with admiration. It stunned him for a second, he only had felt like this for Ladybug. Years has passed he wouldn't feel nothing but sadnesses and grief. Till now. Hope grew like the roots of a tree in his heart, bringing a wide smile to his face.

"Finally," Chat inhaled deeply placing a hand over his heart. "Thank you m'lady for finding someone for me." He looked up at that starry sky and a particular star glisten, bringing peace to the the hurricane he had been experiencing for the last few years.

He extended his baton to the balcony and slid his hand through it and landed with a huff. "What a beautiful lady to complement the beautiful night."

"Hey Chat." She smiled sadly, sighing deeply.

"Something wrong princess?" Chat questioned worried, coming to stand next to the distraught lady.

"No, I just-" she straighten up and faced him. "Actually, What the hell happened last night? I woke up here with no explanation whatsoever."

"Ah, the truth is something I wish you didn't have to hear." Now he smiled sadly, "But it all turn out good in the end so I guess I can't complain."

"Just spill it Chat."

"Well, last night after we talked and you left I stayed sitting there for a little while. Just thinking. Out of nowhere my hearing picked up yelling. A dude came out of the bakery walking defeated it seem. Seconds after you came out as well, crying and yelling for him I assume. You bolted to the opposite direction and I followed you. Soon after I lost you but I followed your voice. I spent the whole night looking for you, I have never been so worried sick. Early morning I found you sort of. This guy was carrying your unconscious body towards a van. Saying that he was gonna sell you. I almost shot the bastard." He laughed bitterly, meeting Marinette's shocked face. "Anyway, I left you here because I couldn't take you with me. I trust this guy, he's had my trust for a long a time. I knew he would take care of you."

"He did," she mumbled. Shocked probably by all this new information that she was receiving. He looked away towards the city. No wonder why they called it the city of lights, even at night it looked like the starry sky was painted on the city and it was quite a mesmerizing.

Suddenly, Marinette basically threw herself at him. Wrapping her arms tight around his torso. He gladly welcomed her into his arms, he couldn't stop thinking how this feeling wasn't new or bizarre. It was more like a lost memory being found and restore into the puzzle of his mind. He hugged her tighter, inhaling the sweet blueberry aroma from her.

"Thank you so much Chat."

"Anytime and anywhere princess."

•••

Some time later

Marinette was laying back on the bed tangled in her fluffy duvet. With Chat on top of her body, his arms folded on top of her chest and his head laying on her stomach. One hand she used to play with his puffy blonde hair as they talked, holding one of his hands with the other.

He looked at her with some much wander as she talked softly. His eyes stuck on her pink full lips. Thinking how good her lips would feel against his. She had a applied a strawberry lip balm just a few moments earlier, giving him plenty to fantasize about. Chat literally licked his lips at the thought.

"But I have noting to say against Luka. He really did nothing wrong. I was the one who acted horribly selfish. It hurts still, I was with him so many years. But I hope he finds someone who deserves him." Marinette said sadly, trailing her hand with more precision through Chat's head.

He purred gutturally before speaking. "Now hold princess. Something that you must keep in mind is you are going through a really difficult time. Things become blurry, reasoning is not as functional. Besides, you had the right to feel upset. You guys just didn't handle the situation... calmly."

"I guess so." She murmured distractedly.

"Pardon my curiosity m'lady but you are technically still with him no?"

Chat couldn't help himself, he had to know before he made any moves on her. The last thing he wanted to do is be disrespectful towards her and lose his chance.

"No. And even if I tried to fix it, it's going to be more complicated. Being Adrien's surrogate has a lot of conditions which am sure Luka wouldn't agree in the slightest." She laughed weakly. "So I guess no relationship until I pull through."

He bit his lip, burying his face onto Marinette's stomach. One, he was happy that she was going to lay off for while. He had the chance to charm her as Adrien that is. Yet he felt he had a stronger bond with her as Chat noir. Including their past together.

"Why kitty? You want me back?" Marinette grinned mischievously, her words made him snap his head up. His eyes wide in shock.

"Um- well- I.. I.."

"Like I said. Is going to have to wait. Adrien is sweet guy, I'll wouldn't do that to him. Besides, I need to clear my head from Luka too."

"No, no, of course, of course I just-"

Chat was cut off when Marinette pressed her lips against his cheek. He froze at her touch, feeling the familiar electricity run through his veins.

"Just hold on for me." She whispered against his ear, trailing her lips down his jaw and then up to his lips, laying a quick peck. Savoring every second before she pulled away.

"I always have and always will princess."

•••