Prologue

Warning! I'm most likely not gonna continue this story. I juts didn't want these chapter to go to waste. Hope you enjoy them anyway :3

𝒜𝒹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃

"Alya, please!" The blonde begged desperately, frustration overwhelming his senses. "You know I want this, I've gone through hell and I'm tired of waiting."

"I don't know Adrien... don't you want to give marriage a second chance? Maybe the girl you meet this time around is good for you." The ombré says sympathetically, not surprised by the sudden rage unfolding behind Adrien's eyes.

"You know that won't happen." He gritted his teeth.

"Okay, okay. Fine. I'll publish an article in my blog tomorrow. Send it to a couple of friends, they'll make sure to pass it around." Alya stood up quickly, swinging her bag over her shoulder and placing a 10 dollar bill underneath her coffee cup.

"Thank you, I can't tell you how much it means to me... Say hi to Nino for me and the kids." His voice stays as monotonous, even though he meant the words.

"Sure will." Alya smiles nonetheless. Going around the table and patting his broad shoulder, "Don't be so hard on yourself, as I always say, for those who suffered greatly will be greatly rewarded."

"That's some deep stuff Alya, nice." He compliments, pushing back his sunglasses and placing his hand over hers. "I'll keep it in mind."

"I know right," She grins proudly. "You better, I'll see you around dude." Her hand slips from his shoulder and disappears around the bakery's corner.

Adrien's mind drifts away, noise fading, images of the streets of Paris become blurry. Was Alya right? Was he making a rash decision out of anger and desperation? There was no going back from this— a baby? But then he analyzed it all, 30 year old guy, cheated on twice, left in the altar once, tired and rather sad for his luck. Besides the love of a genuine woman, he desired a child to love and spoil. Time was running, his patience wearing thin, and faith in love deep buried with every other of his dreams.

I'm doing the right thing

I want this

I need this

Brought back by some blue bell eyes and a soft voice asking, "Is there anything else you want sir?" As she mindlessly picked up the empty coffee cups and plates of half nibbles pastries.

"No thank you," he told the distraught waitress. To then stand up, place a hundred dollar bill on the table and proceed to walk away.

"Um, Sir! Do you not want your change?" She exclaims bit surprised and overwhelmed.

"Keep it. You will use it on something more meaningful than I will." He reads the name on her tag with a smile, "Marinette."

<<>>
Vote & comment pls ❤️
-Nicki 😘