PART VI: FUTURE

V: new york

It's been a stressful so far in New York, but at the same time it is magical. I have never seen so many people in my life nor have I ever had so much fun meeting the people that have come to my signings so far. Andrew attends my signings to and I am always smiling, showing him off to the readers of my book. Today, I have a huge signing at Housing Works Bookstore, that's pretty popular here in New York. I see on my phone all the love and excitement the people are sending me, waiting to see me tonight. Andrew is asleep on the bed and I get up, walking to the bathroom to get ready. At the sound of the water running, Andrew wakes up and I can hear him shuffle around the room. I finish getting ready and step into the room with a towel wrapped around me. Andrew's hair is all scruffy and messed up. He was very well rested since last night, we finally were able to go to bed at a reasonable time. For the past few days, we have been arriving to the hotel at around two in the morning. It's because the signing ends at 10 most days and then we go to dinner, drive around town, get dessert at places that are still open, and then finally crash into the hotel room, extremely exhausted from the entire day. I don't get tired easily though, but Andrew does and it's pretty funny. On our way back from the signing yesterday, it was only ten thirty, he fell asleep on my shoulder and I had to wake him up when we got to the hotel. He was so tired, I practically had to drag him to the room and help him lay on the bed. He was that exhausted. But even though we're tired at the end of the day, we have loads of fun during the daytime. Andrew loves meeting my audiences and he talks to all of them, explaining to them what really happened on his side, and answering their questions. He's so supportive and helpful.

We met up with Shanon and Ryan and they told me that they had an apartment available for a couple of days to, we told them that Andrew and I would think about it. I think we have decided that we would stay the time we originally planned here. Maybe at another time we could come back longer and stay in the apartment.

Andrew gets ready and spikes his hair, as he usually does now. I guess he said it was his new style. I put on a light blue jean jacket on and, of course, my skinny jeans with boots. It's a decent and simplistic look, I kind of really like it.

We head out and the car picks us up to drive us to the bookstore. Before you know it, we arrive at the place. Andrew and I walk out of the car and head into the bookstore. Inside, they are setting up the table and everything for tonight. They greet me and I smile back, telling them thanks for helping me out in the set up. Andrew and I hang around the place for a few hours and then finally, it is time for me to start the signing. They will start letting in people in a couple minutes. I grab the Sharpie marker for signing and sit at the table, ready to sign these books. At eight, the doors open and people start to come in. Some greet me and tell me that they love my writing style while others break down, not knowing what to say to me. I stand up and hug each and every one of my readers. I wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for the amazing support.

One reader approaches me and looks really shy so I start a conversation with them.

I hold my hand out to shake his and he shakes my hands.

"I'm Jane, I am so glad that you found interest in reading my book! What's your name?"
I uncap my pen.

"My name is Cole, I love you so much. You have inspired me to do so much and to stay positive. I have had so many fake friends but you helped me be grateful of the new ones."

I sign his book and his words hit me.

"I am proud," I reply and wink at him. He blushes and thanks me a million times. We take a picture, then he leaves. It goes like this for about two hours and then finally, I finish talking to the last person.

"My name is Dalia, I just want to say that you are my role model and I look up to you. That was such a brave book for you to write and I don't think that I could ever write." 
"Thank you, Dalia! Your words mean the word to me and as for you writing, you can make it. Believe in yourself and have lots of motivation. I believe in you!" I smile, standing up and hugging her. She starts crying in my arm and I feel the warmness of her heart against mine. These people are really touched by my story and I wish I could get to personally know each of them but that would be pretty hard. Maybe one day!

Even though this signing ended, Andrew and I are still tired out of our minds, all we can think about is sleep. I can't wait for Ashley to arrive. We are all going to have so much fun.