PART VI: FUTURE

MID FEBRUARY 2018

IV: leaving

It's been a couple weeks and now we are in February. It's the day I leave for New York with Andrew and I am shaking with excitement. I am terrified of going but that is not stopping me from being super excited from visiting something really new. Andrew is pretty stoked too because this is his first time like me. Ashley is going to arrive a few days after us and leave a day before we leave. At least I get to spend some time with her in New York.

I have to say goodbye to my parents too which is going to be so hard to do. It's so weird because I've gotten so used to seeing them everyday now when I used to never see them because our schedules were so different. It's crazy. I plug in my earbuds into my phone while we're going to pick up Andrew to drive to the airport. He's wearing a blue and red racer jacket. I've never seen it on him and I almost flip out when I do. It looks better on him than the red shirt with the sports car on it. I just stare at him and he winks at me when he spots me. I blink and smile, sitting back down, calming myself down.

He hops in the car and greets my parents. My dad compliments him on his racer jacket which has me dying of how handsome he looks in it. He says hi to me and I start giggling, hugging him. He's so warm while I'm so cold. He picks up his arm and wraps it around me and rubs my arms to warm me. I curl up on him just like on the couch back home and fall asleep. The next thing I know, we are already at the airport and we are about to park. I lift my head up and he smiles at me. Finally, my dad finds a spot to park and we unload the car with our to bags. We're staying for a week and then coming back so we didn't really pack much. At least Andrew didn't pack much. We roll our luggage to the check in and get our boarding pass. It's time for me to say goodbye to my parents and I fight back the tears. I don't understand why I would feel so emotional but I think it's really because they have been there for me recently and I don't want to leave them alone. They'll be fine.

We walk around for a couple minutes and then we eat at Burger King next to our gate. They wish us good luck and we walk to where they have to drop us off.

"Bye mom, bye dad, love you," I say, kissing them both on the cheek and give them a big home.

They both hug me and kiss me on the head. My dad pats Andrew on the back and tells him to take good care of me.

"I promise," he says.

My mom comes in and hugs us both. We head into the line to board the plane. The line looks like it will take more than hour to move but I'm fine. It gives me time to calm down and be with Andrew. The line starts to move a little faster and I start to panic even more. A few more minutes pass and we walk into the waiting room to wait for our plane to arrive. Andrew and I walk for a bit and then we sit down to wait because there is absolutely nothing else to do then just be on our phones. I check Twitter and there's a lot of people messaging me and buying tickets for my signings. Seeing that makes me more excited than nervous about going to New York. I'm excited to see and meet new people, it will be a cool experience and opportunities that I can't miss. We wait for a couple more minutes and finally they start boarding people on the plane. Andrew and I board onto the plane. I sit by the window and Andrew sits next to me. Everyone boards the plane and the flight attendants close the door. He grabs my hand and the plane starts moving. It accelerates and then that suspended sensation hits again just like when we went to California. Finally, we're in the air going parallel to the ground. I start watching some movies on the mini tv screen on the plane and Andrew starts playing on his phone. We later talk and start making up our own games. After maybe 30 minutes, I lay my head on Andrew's shoulder and I fall asleep again. Before you know it, we have landed and Andrew is shaking me to wake up. It was pretty fast, I didn't realize that it would be that quick. The plane unloads and we pass to baggage claim to get our luggage. Andrew finds our bags and carries mine. I offer to help him but he won't let me help him. I smile and then we walk around the huge airport. We don't know where we are but we order an Uber. Finally, we find the exit of the airport and walk out into the cold of New York City. We're finally here and I grab Andrew. He looks at me and smiles, shivering. This is going to be so much fun. The driver arrives in five minutes and we tell them to drive us to our hotel which Andrew knows the name to. I forgot the name already, I have other things on my mind.

We arrive at the hotel and check in to our room. I take my bag and help Andrew into the hotel room. Throwing my bag on the floor, I lay down on the bed, exhausted from that plane ride and Andrew hops into the bed too. We both fall asleep. Andrew has me wrapped in his arms the entire night.