PART II: JASON

SEPTEMBER 2017

I: aftermath

Jason and I started out as friends shortly after Ashley and I started being friends but Jason and I were never really as close as Ashley and I. It's complicated. Jason's always been there for me though, whenever I need anything. I wish we had been closer back then because now I only have Andrew. Evelyn is starting to talk to me again though.

It's been almost a month since the fight broke out and I haven't talked to her since. She blocked me on every single social media and blocked my texts and calls. At this point, I've completely given up. There's no point in trying to explain what happened because I still don't know what happened. It's gotten to the point where I'm constantly asking my self if I did do it. Maybe I was drunk? But the thing is, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say that ever to anyone and I hadn't drank that night. I'm almost 100% sure that I didn't and I usually know when I do drink. But then there sinks in the question of: who did it then?

I've given up on that too. I just have come to the conclusion that there's a lot of people that are jealous and wanted to break our friendship that they probably logged onto my account and took a picture of their own bruise and said that thing about the abuse because that's still a talked about subject. They hit the jackpot with breaking our friendship, whoever it was. Evelyn has been helping me try to find people that could've done it but the possibilities are endless. Everyone knew about Ashley's abuse and everyone knew we were best friend. My password was the easiest thing to guess too with it just being my student ID number with JaneSnap at the beginning. My username is JaneSnap too. I honestly didn't think anyone would have been that smart to guess it but they did. They got power of my account. When someone has power, they can do a lot with it.

My parents haven't heard about the split either and they probably don't care.

I wish they did.

But I have Andrew, he's been there with me since the fight and he's also helping find out who did but he doesn't really use social media or even knows how it works. As for the video of Andrew, no one knows who did that but it was probably Ashley as a get back from what I supposedly posted. After all, when I woke up she was gone.

That all happened a month ago and Jason advised me to just move on which is probably the best thing to do. If Ashley doesn't want to sit down and listen to my side of the story, she's not worth keeping. As much as it breaks my heart, the truth hurts.

A couple of nights ago I was sitting in my room alone listening to music and Evelyn called me to say she's sorry for everything and wants to be friends again. That she misses me and realized how much she missed our 1 AM calls. I started feeling soft inside and warm. Remembering all of our fun memories before Ashley and I started skyrocketing into best friend territory and then I just left Evelyn in the dirt.

I told her I felt like crap for doing that to her and she accepted my apology and ever since then we've been trying to start up our friendship again and hoping it gets back to where we left it off almost a year ago. I was surprised to hear that we had been slowly fading since a year ago. It seems so crazy that I got so obsessed and tangled over Ashley when I've known Evelyn longer. I think that's the thing, I wanted something new. Evelyn was finding her own friends and focusing on grades and then something new and more exciting showed up to me and that was becoming Ashley's best friend. Who knew how much that would change in a number of months. Life sometimes rocks you hard.

I told Andrew about this and he told me he's very happy about Evelyn and I rekindling our friendship.

With all of this going on; Andrew, Jason, and Evelyn all having my back, I still feel so lonely. I feel like there's a huge hole in my heart that won't go away. I'm trying so hard to forget about Ashley but it's impossible. There's no denying we had a great friendship. I just want to know what happened.

I'm sitting on the bench close to the parking lot when Jason walks up to me and says hi.

I'm startled by his voice.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," he laughs.

"It's ok. I've been so jumpy lately," I smile.

We sit there in silence for a little bit and then finally Jason speaks again.

"Oh yeah, uh, Andrew asked if you wanted to hang out at his place tonight. I'm gonna be there and he said you should bring Evelyn too!"

"Oh really?" My face turns red.

"Yeah," he smiles.

Jason's green eyes contrast against his plain yellow sweater. His hair always looks wet and brushed to one side.

"What time?"

Jason pulls out his phone and says, "Uh, he said 5:30 if I remember correctly."

There's something off about Jason. He seems so apprehensive.

I reach over and hug Jason. 
"Oh. Um. Ok"

"You looked like you needed a hug," I say calmly.

"I do."

"What's wrong?"

He shrugs and shakes his head. "I don't know. School sucks."

I nod my head and smell his cologne. I never really noticed it but it's a really fruity sent.

It's like Andrew's but at the same time sweeter. I bury my my head onto his chest and close my eyes.

Will these friends last?

Evelyn comes up behind us in a white and purple tie-dye sweater. She smiles at us. Her black hair was no longer as long as it was but it was cut until her shoulder.

"Like it?"

She looked more fierce. Her lipstick was a sick shade of purple and her eyeliner dark. She had straight black hair that was short but longer at the front than in the back. As if her hair was cut diagonally down. She rubbed her hands through her hair and smiled again, showing her perfect white teeth.

"Love it," Jason said, turning around to get a better view of her.

"You look really pretty, Evelyn," I smiled.

I caught Andrew walking from his car and he waved at me.

Patting Jason's chest with my hand, I got up and walked over to Andrew.

"Well, Well, all of us here," he pointed out.

"Our favorite spot, right?"

He laughed and then nodded. In this same exact spot, a month ago, I severed ties with Ashley. It feels like such a long time ago now that I think of it. I shouldn't be thinking about this right now.

Andrew and I walked back to Evelyn and Jason. They were on their phones, blasting their music like they always do.

"What are we gonna do?" Jason finally asks.

"We're going back to my place," Andrew says with a smile and he pulls me in for a hug.

My face turns red again and I hide a smile on his chest while hugging him. I head back to my car and follow Andrew to his house.