Happieness

David was in his cabin, alone and quiet. He was going through his photos when he was a kid at the camp. He sighed and went through more and more of them. 'I don't get it. Why couldn't I just be a happy kid again? Before everything...I didn't know what was going on in my life.'

             He frowned and stopped what he was doing. He walked to his bed and laid down. He looked at his ceiling and thought about a few things. After that night talking to Max, he hasn't really felt too depressed. Just tired. But he felt like if he went asleep, it wouldn't make  him feel any different. 

             He sat up and looked at his guitar. It had a few scratches on it because he always kept getting hit with it by Gwen. He got up and grabbed his guitar from the floor. He sat back on his bed again and played his guitar lightly.

                     Time Skip :P

     Max ran to his tent to grab something. It was about the time the sun was going down and it was a beautiful yellowish-orange sunset. He grabbed a blanket from his bed and ran back to the place they were setting everything up. He set the blanket on the ground and looked at what all the campers did. "He'll love this.", Max said to Neil, who was behind him. 

    David heard a knock on his door and went up to his door. he opened the door and saw Max there, looking up at him. "Oh, hey Max. What's up?", he said in a slightly good mood. "Ok, I know your depressed and sad about your past or whatever.", Max said as he just got to the point. "But, you can't be upset forever. Plus, I would rather have the annoying you instead of the depressed you.", he laughed a little. David didn't laugh but continued to listen. 

            "Just come with me.", Max grabbed David's wrist and pulled him out of the cabin. David just followed him as he started walking more into the camp site. David's eyes widened and gasped when he seen what they did. There was a bomb fire in front on a big white blanket hanging on two tall trees as a projector shined a blue square light on it. They stopped walking and got to the group of campers. "Did you guys do all of this..?", David said with an surprised expression. 

              "Yeah, we noticed that you weren't that happy so we thought this might cheer up.", Nikki said. "We all thought a movie night by the fire would be nice.", Dolph said smiling. "Starring all of us, it's called We Love You David.", Preston said. David lightly smiled as he looked at all the campers. "Were you involved in this Gwen?", David asked as he looked at her, she was next to Nikki. "They mentioned it to me and I got into it.", she said lightly smiling. Nikki walked up to David with her hands behind her back. She got to David and pulled out both of her hands with a little heart shape make of pine cones with star stickers on it in her hands. "Space kid and I made this for you. Since you love nature and all.", Nikki smiled at David, hoping he likes it. 

       He picked it up and looked at it. His eyes started to water as he looked at it even more. He always loved handmade gifts. He looked down at Nikki and got down to her size. "I absolutely love it. Thank you so much.", he said smiling and hugged her. She hugged him back and she was happy that he liked it. They let go of each other and David walks towards everyone. "Thank you so much everyone.", he said with tears in his eyes as he put his arms out for a hug. Everyone, even Max, went to go hug him. This is what he wanted. He wanted people to care about him. He was so thankful to be their camp counselor. 

     "Let's go watch the video.", David said smiling. This was his real first smile he did in awhile. It was around 9:30 and the sky was pitch black with millions of stars. Everyone was sitting was on the grass with their blankets since it was getting kind of chilly. David sat next to Max as Gwen started the video from the TV that was plugged into the projector. The video started with Neil holding the camera and Max and Nikki facing the camera. "David, we all know you've been going through a lot. And we are hoping this video will let you know how much we care about you.", Nikki said softly smiling lightly. "Yeah, whatever. Just don't look deep into this.", Max said sounding like he didn't care.

        In the video, everyone talked about why they cared about him in their own special way. At the very end, everyone was together. "We really hope you know that we are always here for you and that we care about you.", Neil said. "We love you David.", Space Kid added. Then the video ended. David was literally a ball of tears. He tried to wipe his tears with his hands and he had a big smile on his face. "T-Thank you so much everyone. You really didn't have to do this.", he said still lightly crying. "Well we did. At least your not suicidal right now, right?", Max claimed. David smiled lightly and looked down at him and hugged him as Max started to try to kick away and started to yell to get the fuck off him. After 2 minutes, he just decided to give up and let him hug him.

     "Ok, let me go now." David finally let him go. "Thank you Max.", David said softly and smiled lightly at him. "Whatever." After the video, everyone went to their tents and went to sleep. "Goodnight Max.", David said to him before he went into his tent. "Night Camp Man.", Max said as he had a little tiny light smile on his face. David smiled and started walking to his cabin. Gwen was walking by as David stopped to talk to her. "Hey Gwen?" Gwen stopped walking and looked at David. "Yeah?" "Thank you." Gwen lightly smiled, replying with "You're welcome."

     He got to his cabin and went inside. He went to his bathroom and looked on the floor. There was a pill bottle with writing "Happy Pills" on the white paper around it on the ground. He picked it up and looked at it. He remembered how they made him feel. It made him feel good, made him feel happy. But this night was different. He felt happy without them. He knew this was going to be hard but he knew he didn't need them anymore. He went to his garbage and through the bottle away. 'Closing an old path and starting a new one.', David thought as he smiled to himself. 'I actually feel...so happy.'