What Is David Up To?

Gwen started walking over to the campers from David's cabin. After trying to get their attention for the third time, Gwen finally got it. "David won't be helping me for a while so guys-" "Wait, what happened to David?", Space Kid asked. "He's uhh..sick. So don't bother him." "Oh really?", Max asked as he walk out of his tent with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. "He didn't seem sick to me."

"Just don't bother him, Max. You know how he acts when he's upset. I don't want him to get even more upset and I'll have to make him feel better, which I don't want to do." "Well what are you going to do if I do bother him? Ground me? Take my activities away? Because that's what I've been doing since I got here.", Max argued while he put his hands in his pocket on his hoodie. "Noooo...but if you don't bother him, I will let you and everyone here do whatever they want for two whole days.", Gwen smirked as if she just outsmarted a kid.

Everyone looked at Max, waiting for his answer. Nikki's eyes widen and started shaking him. "Max, don't you DARE mess this up for us!", she yelled. Max looked at Nikki and then to Gwen, who was still smirking. He did like the idea of getting two whole days to himself without David for Gwen bothering him. But he's been looking forward to this moment since day one. He really just wanted to find out how to make him crack and finally make him realize his happy little world is a big lie. Max took a step back, which made Nikki let go of him.

"We'll see what happens.", he frowned as he started walking back to his tent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max looked at his coffee maker which it says what time it is. 9:18. 'Fuck' He didn't want to wait any longer to find out what was up with David but he didn't want anyone knowing. Especially Nikki. "I'll go at 10:30.", he whispered to himself as he want to his bed and lightly sat down.

"Sneaking off again?", Neil asked as he sighed while he was laying in his bed. Max jumped a little when he heard his voice. "I'm going to see what made David so upset today. But now I have to wait until everyone is fucking asleep.", Max said looking at Neil's bed. "Not that surprised.", Neil frowned. "You want to join?", Max asked as he got up and walked to Neil's bed. "Nah, I'm good. For once I don't want to go on a wacky adventure or sneak out and I literally don't know why.", he said as he sat up from his bed and looked at Max. "Whatever you say Neil.", Max said as he put his hands in his pocket on his hoodie.

"So you said you were going to see him at 10:30, what are you going to do until that time?", Neil asked. Max don't really know, all he knew was that he was just gonna look at his coffee maker's clock and wait but now that he thought about it, that doesn't seem like a good idea. "Umm...not really sure to be honest." After talking about what made David upset today and making up random guesses of what could happen, it finally became 10:25 and Max was about to leave the tent, but Neil stopped him for a second. "Don't get caught." "I won't, trust me.", Max said as he ran out of the tent and to David's cabin. "Sure you won't.", Neil said sarcastically.

Max ran quietly to David's cabin and saw his light was on. 'He might still be awake.', Max thought to himself. He slowly walked up to one of his windows and slowly looked inside. What he saw in there was something he'll never forget. A depressed David sitting on the floor, drunk.

I hope you guys liked this chapter and I will update at the end of this week. I will see you guys in the next chapter ;3
~Bree